deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] GRN: Turn 5 Win: Mill or Kill  (Read 603 times)

Finnish Flash

• Decks
[Standard] GRN: Turn 5 Win: Mill or Kill
« on: September 19, 2018, 01:29:23 am »
GRN: Turn 5 win on cards or life

1. Mountain
2. Island + Electrostatic Field (1R) or Drowned Secrets (1U)
3. Island + Powestone Chard (3)
4. Island + Powestone Chard (3)
5. With seven mana at our disposal
- Release to the Wind (2U targeting anything) - opponent can even counter this without affecting the combo
- Naru Meha (2UU targeting Release to the Wind)

Opponent is out of cards or out of life.

Alternatives for getting to a Turn 5 kill, would be casting Naru Meha on Turn 4. Then cast 2 Release to the Wind maybe with the help of a Vodalian Arcanist. This would allow getting rid of the Powerstone Shard's for instants.

The nice thing is that the combo pieces are cheap and work on their own. The drawback is that the combo in one way or another needs 6-7 mana to work. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:11:01 am by Finnish Flash »

RookieMcGee

• Decks
Re: [Standard] GRN: Turn 5 Win: Mill or Kill
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 02:06:24 am »
Hey man, I think you meant to put in Electrostatic Field instead of Electrostatic Bolt, just wanted to help out!

Finnish Flash

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 02:09:47 am »
Thanks. I think it changed it when I saved the deck as it did not recognize the new card name. It's correct in the deck, but wrong in the post. Should be Electrostatic Field from Guilds of Ravnica.

Noob

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 02:23:26 am »
Hey, thanks for posting this! That's an awesome combo that actually seems playable. I don't know if Risk Factor will be good enough, but I hope so 'cus it seems like a fun card to cast. If not, I really like the idea of more copies of Ionize and/or Opt. We could also consider going up to 24 lands so that we can get to seven mana without having to rely on two Power Shards every game.

Angathi

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 03:11:37 am »
Is it naru meha combo?

theewall200

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 03:21:59 am »
Im I missing the combo? Copying spells isnt casting them

Finnish Flash

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 03:32:20 am »
Excellent spot theewall200. It's true that the Electrostatic Field would not work as Release to the Wind as an instant is copied. However, Naru Meha will be cast several times, so this still works with Drowned Secrets for milling the opponent out of a deck. I'll redraft the deck to reflect adding in some Opt's as well. As Electrostatic Field as a red is out all the other combo pieces are blue and thus it might work better as a pure blue deck with counters protecting the combo pieces.

GaugeGuy

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:31:12 am »
Sweet deck man, love combo decks!!  Looking forward to any updates you do :D

Finnish Flash

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 08:44:06 am »
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I built a mono-blue version of the deck as Drowned Secrets only cares about blue spells. Even if this does not now have the possibility to kill by damage (thanks to the pesky Electrostatic Field wanting instants to be cast) milling does the same thing. Some cheap creatures in the deck at one mana hopefully help to keep the faster decks at bay for a few turns.

LokisBastelstube

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 12:26:34 pm »
well nice combo with Naru Meha + Release the Wind + Drowned Secrets to mill decks infinite, i dont thought about this, its pretty nice

Hszonrzcz

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 06:43:05 pm »
Diligent Excavator is more fragile extra copy of Drowned Secrets. It mill when you cast Naru Miha.

serge

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 07:39:03 pm »
So I'm guessing you need to have Opt in your hand by turn 4? You have to cast an instant/sorcery spell to copy when casting Naru Meha.

Finnish Flash

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 08:12:09 pm »
No need for the opt's other than for scrying/draw altough it's a cheap way to mill the opponent with Drowned Secrets.

The general sequence with Naru Meha is that you first cast Release to the Wind (targeting any nonland permanent on the board). As Naru Meha has flash, you cast Naru Meha targeting the Release to the Wind on the stack. This copies the spell and you choose Naru Meha as the target, which exiles Naru Meha. You may now cast Naru Meha for free and at instant speed due to flash, copying Release to the Wind and repeating the cycle as many times as you'd wish.

I've thought about the combo a bit more and since it's important to have an early Drowned Secrets the deck needs to run many copies of it, which are unnecessary for winning. I think a self-mill option (not infinite) could make sense for the deck and add another win condition. You could then add Crucible of the Worlds and that 3G World Shaper creature that let's ypu put all lands into play when it dies (thus sadly does not work with Release to the Wind). Theres also the new Enhanced Surveillance  (1U) that let's you shuffle your graveyard back.

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 01:49:52 pm »
Only for friends of endless combos I guess....

Nice idea, but even ******* endless combo ;)