deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Vraska's Rot  (Read 473 times)

Rukak

• Decks
[Standard] Vraska's Rot
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:54:25 am »
Vraska's Rot

This deck is an update to the Saproling Swarm decks of last standard. We lost a great removal spell in Fatal Push, but we gain a much more effective planeswalker in Vraska, Golgari Queen and a great all purpose removal spell in Assassin's Trophy. The deck creates tokens and utilizes them for value. Sideboard seeks to answer a variety of different decks, you can easily adjust to your specific meta.

Singou

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Vraska's Rot
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 07:19:47 am »
I think Plaguecrafter would be a nice addition vs control and synergizes well with the token mechanic.

Rukak

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:36:12 pm »
Updates after 100+ matches in MTG arena.

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
+2 Plaguecrafter
+3 Vona's Hunger

Changed amounts:
-2 Deathbloom Thallid
-1 Fungal Infection
-1 Tendershoot Dryad
-1 Vraska, Golgari Queen

Qvoth

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 05:30:57 am »
why murder over something like cast down or status//statue?

Rukak

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 11:41:25 am »
Status//Statue may be a more versatile option, I just wanted an unconditional removal spell which Cast Down doesn't fit the bill for. In my games I have played, I have run into several Boros builds which use Tajic and Aurelia, Izzet which plays Niv-Mizzet and Selesnya which plays Emmara. These cards can all run away with a game so I wanted to make sure our removal covered all of these bases. Particularly Aurelia and Niv-Mizzet. Letting them untap is too dangerous for our small grindy threats.

Qvoth

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 03:14:36 am »
hmm ok
btw not a fan of the 1 slimefoot, might as well take it out and go 3 tendershoots

Rukak

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 04:27:48 am »
We're low to the ground, Slimefoot replaced a copy of Sapherd. He's good in the right situation, but not every time. I may switch him out with another Sapherd, Tendershoot has too high a mana cost to play consistently on time.

Qvoth

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 07:07:36 am »
i like your idea of doom whisperer, but is the surveil ability worth it over a 1 mana cheaper creature that has the same stats in demon of catastrophes?

Rukak

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 12:09:05 pm »
I had forgotten that card exists lol. Yeah it's better in our deck in several ways, updated the deck replacing Doom Whisperer with Demon of Catastrophes.