deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Jeskai Control - Comments  (Read 154 times)

Comment Bot

Jeskai Control - Comments
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:23:39 am »
Jeskai Control

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

TheVioP

• Decks
Re: Jeskai Control - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:23:41 am »
I think the idea is good but lots of cards could be replaces with better ones, The deck is fine but I do not like the fact that it has no clear purpose. With the list that leads you depend a lot on teferi and control, and having ionizar to do damages when you do not have wincon of damages  it seems to me something ineffective. This is my version of jesaki control, if you want check it out :)

https://deckstats.net/decks/23535/1091971-jeskai-control/es

jdub01984

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:52:51 pm »
Deck is not bad, but needs some work with the mana base. In order to reliably cast a spell on turn 2 with a single color in the casting cost you need the a minimum of 13 of that color. You have 13 Blue, 14 Red, and 11 White sources. This means you'll have trouble casting Seal Away on turn 2. To cast a double blue spell (Sinister Sabotage) on turn 3 you'll need 19 blue sources. One turn 4 you need 18. There is no way you can reliably counter something on turns 3 or 4 in your build. That's why most Jeskai lists are running Ionize instead of Sinister Sabotage, because there is no way to make the mana base work. To cast Settle the Wreckage on turn 4 you need 18 white sources.

You should run a minimum of 26 lands for control ( a lot of lists are running 27), especially if you want to reliably cast Teferi on turn 5. There is not room to run the utility lands in 3 colors unless you make some concessions with the rest of the deck (with the next set, you'll have Hallowed Fountain to help with the double white spells). Some changes I would suggest to make the deck more reliable is the following:
Lands:
4 Clifftop Retreat
4 Glacial Fortress
3 Island
2 Mountain
1 Plains
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Steam Vents
4 Sulfur Falls

This gives you 15 Blue, 18 Red, and 13 White sources. Instead of Sinister Sabotage run Ionize. In place of Settle the Wreckage run Defeaning Clarion and Cleansing Nova. You may run into issues with double white on turn 5 with Cleansing Nova, but it will be a lot more reliable with this mana base having additional white sources and being a turn latter than Settle. Clarion should clean up a lot of the early game stuff you don't want hanging around to allow you to get later in the game to clean of the scragglers with the Cleansing Nova.

jdub01984

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:02 pm »
Here is an article from Frank Karsten to help with the quantites of colored sources to include in your decks to make sure you can cast them on the turns you want to:

https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/frank-analysis-how-many-colored-mana-sources-do-you-need-to-consistently-cast-your-spells/