deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: EDH Players- Guilds of Ravnica Changes for your decks?  (Read 241 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
EDH Players- Guilds of Ravnica Changes for your decks?
« on: September 26, 2018, 03:52:21 pm »
So what changes will you be making to your decks from the upcoming Guilds of Ravnica set? These are the ones I will at least initially play-test and see how they fit what the decks want to do.

Sidisi
* Lazav, the Multifarious- will test play it, curious to see what interesting interactions I can get (though I'm thinking of building a Lazav deck and I try not to have my generals in other decks)
* Underrealm Lich- Will replace Taigam, Sidisi's Hand; fits the deck theme of Zombie tribal and I like the first ability better than Taigam's

Tajic
* Tajic, Legion's Edge- Seems like a good fit preventing damage to my tokens
* Chance for Glory- More fodder for Sunforger
* Divine Visitation- Turning my other tokens into 4/4 Angels tokens with flying seems pretty good, at least enough to play-test

Skullbriar
* Golgari Findbroker- More recursion, a little harder to cast than Eternal Witness but will get play-tested
* Pelt Collector- Fits the +1/+1 counter theme
* Guildmage's Forum- Again, fits the +1/+1 counter theme

Purphoros
* Legion Warboss- Pretty good trigger for the deck...hopefully

Yahenni
* Plaguecrafter- Seems to fit the deck, we'll see

Animar
* Beast Whisperer- more card draw for doing what this deck wants to do anyway

I didn't include Assasin's Trophy because that seems like a no-brainer to at least be play-tested (if not an auto-include) for any deck running those colors.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:54:49 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: EDH Players- Guilds of Ravnica Changes for your decks?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:04:29 pm »
Hmm.. I still have to check what to replace in detail, but 1 change is already clear for me: Replace Merciless Executioner with Plaguecrafter. Same slot, greater value.
Then i will have to look for some space for cards like Crush Contraband (maybe a replacement for Return to Dust), Dual Shocks or Chromatic Lantern (haven't got them until now).
Bounty Agent also looks kinda interesting, especially combined with some recursion.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: EDH Players- Guilds of Ravnica Changes for your decks?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 04:58:44 pm »
I'm going to see how Nightveil Sprite works in Edric, Spymaster of Trest. It's evasive, let's you have some control over your draws, and has two relevant creature types (Faerie for synergy with Spellstutter Sprite, and Rogue is for Notorious Throng).

Other than that... I might try out the new Goblins for Krenko, Mob Boss. I have high hopes for Goblin Cratermaker, and I'm on the fence about Legion Warboss and Torch Courier. Legion Warboss is similar to Goblin Rabblemaster, and Torch Courier is a worse Goblin Motivator.

Underrealm Lich could see play in The Gitrog Monster, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, and Muldrotha, the Gravetide. Someone else will have to test it for me.