deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Sweet pre-release pulls?  (Read 374 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Sweet pre-release pulls?
« on: September 30, 2018, 01:22:23 am »
Ok, who pulled what?

I pulled an Assassin's Trophy at the midnight pre-release, really didn't get much else. Was going to go to another one this afternoon but it didn't work out. Maybe tomorrow.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Sweet pre-release pulls?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 04:27:00 am »
I got today the assasin's trophy promo does that count?
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 06:03:34 am »
Dang lucky :( Im hearing this prerelease is good and Im dumb and didnt schedule time to go bc I didnt know it was this weekend
Nils is the God I worship

CPaladin

• Awaken The Erstwhile is a top-tier Modern card.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 06:13:28 am »
Got a arclight pheonix. LOVE the card.
Thanks,
CPALADIN

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 05:10:56 pm »
I managed to get an Assassin's Trophy, a Chromatic Lantern, and a promo Find // Finality. Strangely enough, I didn't see anyone pull any shocklands.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 08:10:47 pm »
Promo Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice  ;D that alone was huge. Ended up going 3-1, losing my first match vs a solid gX deck, but I was mana screwed both games with only a single white source (in a mostly white deck).

But besides that bomb, I got a Legion Guildmage, Boros Challenger, and THREE Truefire Captain! So many on-color uncommons were bonkers. Other notable players were a Direct Current which won me a game, Collar the Culprit was very useful, and a surprisingly effective main deck Demotion. Preventing blockers was huge, and it turned off like 3 different Lazavs and a few other guildmages.

Chamber Sentry was also cute with mentor. Even just as a 2/2 for two, swinging with it, getting a mentor trigger, and next turn being able to bolt something was very nice.

When I got home I used my Arena code, and ended up going 7-1 with an amazing Golgari deck featuring 3 guildgates, a shock land, Assassin's Trophy, Izoni, Thousand-Eyed, and Golgari Findbroker.

All in all a very good Saturday
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:15:54 pm by MonteTribal »

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 05:27:56 am »
Conclave Guildmage, Conclave Tribunal, Haazda Marshal, Hunted Witness, Intrusive Packbeast (2), Join Shields, Kraul Harpooner, Ledev Champion, Rosemane Centaur, Sumala Woodshaper, Temple Garden, Trostani Discordant.  Played 2HG, partner played Dimir.  Lost first 2 rounds (opponents kept smashing my board, partner went against my advice and destroyed my field, including the Guildmage and the Champion I could build tokens from with Ritual of Soot first round).  First round wasn't even close.  Second Round was tight.  Kraul Harpooner kept fliers down.  The Packbeasts pulled their weight, clearing threats while being good threats and defense.  Sumala Woodshaper kept hitting all the wrong things (the cat did better, as did the Urban Utopia).  Third game we slaughtered the other team with my army.  My partner barely had to do anything.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 07:44:02 am »
Only other cool thing I pulled was a promo Niv Mizzet. It'll go in my trade binder.

Was hoping to pull an Underrealm Lich or Lazav but had no such luck.
This space for rent.