deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Rakdos Sanctuary  (Read 170 times)

nabate123

• I am the Demon's Head. I am Ras Al-Ghul.
  • Decks
[EDH / Commander] Rakdos Sanctuary
« on: October 03, 2018, 03:43:10 am »
Rakdos Sanctuary

Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a brutal beast who uses his army of Demons and Zombies to overcome any obstacle that stands in his way and with Razaketh by his side they cannot lose. Please add any comments on the deck I need as much help as I can.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Rakdos Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 11:32:20 pm »
First off, are sure you want Rakdos, Lord of Riots as your commander? If you're trying for demon tribal, Rakdos the Defiler or Kaalia of the Vast might make more sense. You could also try a Shadowborn Apostle deck with either Athreos, God of Passage or Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker.

If you're deadset on Rakdos, Lord of Riots, you need more cards that can get him out. You need to be able to fulfill the condition of an opponent losing life. Cards like Goblin Fireslinger, Cryptolith Fragment, or Lobber Crew would do the trick. After that, Eldrazi would be better creatures than demons. Because they cost only colorless mana, you could cast a bunch for free.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Rakdos Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:32:58 am »
Hmm.. i think that deck needs some tuning.
First of all, why 42 lands? I would suggest to go down to 36-38 and add some more ramp in stead. Felwar Stone, Thaumatic Compass (yes, hes damn slow, but also gives utility later on), Armillary Sphere, Expedition Map (also gets non-basics), Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, Myriad Landscape. Then you cold replace Rupture Spire with Path of Anchestry (same slot but waaay better).

Neheb, the Eternal could also be an interesting option for your deck.

Then you already got Havoc Festival, what about Archfiend of Despair as win condition?

Besides that, Morganator already mentioned that you need more pingable damage. an interesting combo for this could be Goblin Sharpshooter + Deathtouch (Gorgon's Head, Basilisk Collar for example). Kill all creatures you dont control and ping 1 damage to an opponent afterwards to cast your commander.

Besides that, Abyssal Persecutor is a baaad idea without an sac outlet, he could break your neck. I also dont like Diabolic Revelation unless your focused on combos, play Beseech the Queen in stead. Since you're playing tribal, you could replace In Garruk's Wake with Kindred Dominance.

Then I would suggest adding Phyrexian Reclamation (recursion) and Filth (kinda nasty combo with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth). You should also drop Trespasser's Curse because it doesnt fit into yur strategey, unless you add some cards to flash Rakdos.

/edit: a last suggestion: unless your usually playing 1vs1 i would suggest replacing Murder with Curtains' Call.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:36:00 am by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.