deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Licia, Sanguine Tribune - Life juggler (mana base viability)  (Read 458 times)

Bonethor

• Decks
Licia, Sanguine Tribune - Life juggler

The deck is based on all kinds of life combos; using stuff like sanguine bond or repercussion with Licia & arcbond and such to wipe out other players. Tymna and Bruse are ok by themselves and can be used as backup commanders for a different game experience.

The Earthquakes & Fault Line are also meant to be used for strategic wipes with X = 5 or so, depending on what we have on the battlefield. Personally I'm dreaming of killing someone by throwing a really fat Serra Avatar in their face with Brion Stoutarm or popping a tapped tree of perdition with Ayli to steal an opponents life. Basically big blowout effects instead of drip -style lifegain.

As you can guess this is mainly a deck for battlecruiser style casual EDH. I'm mainly concerned about the mana base with the curve being fairly high cmc (3.42), which isn't even too accurately reflected thanks to the few X spells. Any comments are welcome :D

Judaspriester

• Decks
Hmm.. you got 33 lands and 40 mana sources in total.. i would suggest to add 2-3 more.
Path of Anchestry is always a good option for multicolor decks (even non tribe ones). You cold add it or as replacement for Nomad Outpost. Other options for ramp would be Tithe, Weathered Wayfarer or an Expedition Map (Land Tax would also be an option, but would require to drop some non basic lands to be efficient).

Besides that, Diabolic Revelation is a kinda nice tutor, but only if you focus on a long game to get your combo. otherwise tutors like diabolic tutor, Diabolic Intent or Beseech the Queen might be better options (without mentioning the expensive ones).

About the removal section: what about some combo stoppers like Disenchant, Crush Contraband or Swords to Plowshares? Curtains' Call is also a kinda nice creature removal, if you need a scalpel in stead of an hammer.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Bonethor

• Decks
Hmm.. you got 33 lands and 40 mana sources in total.. i would suggest to add 2-3 more.
Path of Anchestry is always a good option for multicolor decks (even non tribe ones). You cold add it or as replacement for Nomad Outpost. Other options for ramp would be Tithe, Weathered Wayfarer or an Expedition Map (Land Tax would also be an option, but would require to drop some non basic lands to be efficient).

Besides that, Diabolic Revelation is a kinda nice tutor, but only if you focus on a long game to get your combo. otherwise tutors like diabolic tutor, Diabolic Intent or Beseech the Queen might be better options (without mentioning the expensive ones).

About the removal section: what about some combo stoppers like Disenchant, Crush Contraband or Swords to Plowshares? Curtains' Call is also a kinda nice creature removal, if you need a scalpel in stead of an hammer.

Thank you very much for the suggestions! I know more tutors (and especially those expensive ones you kindly omitted) would increase the consistency by a ton and Beseech the Queen seems nice, I didn't know about that one. I think I want to keep it more as a synergistic type of deal where most of the stuff can have an effect together without really needing tutors. I'll probably try to drop some of the biggest janks / cards that are fairly dead solo like Soul Separator, horde chief and possibly Sorin.

I like land tax and Weathered wayfarer I think. The bounce? lands kinda have to go anyhow and I need more basics so that sounds like a decent plan.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Edephos

• Tapping Left
  • Decks
I have found Gisela, the Broken Blade and Divinity of Pride are great ways to cast an early Licia.  Also, Fumigate is a great way to clear the board and bring Licia back out in a single turn.

Thanks for the inspiration on Archond, Brion Stoutarm, Cradle of Vitality, and Dictate of the Twin Gods.  I'm going to give them a try!

My own version can be found below if you are looking for more ideas.

https://deckstats.net/decks/96729/1106905-licia-life-s-mistress-www-tapp

Bonethor

• Decks
I have found Gisela, the Broken Blade and Divinity of Pride are great ways to cast an early Licia.  Also, Fumigate is a great way to clear the board and bring Licia back out in a single turn.

Thanks for the inspiration on Archond, Brion Stoutarm, Cradle of Vitality, and Dictate of the Twin Gods.  I'm going to give them a try!

My own version can be found below if you are looking for more ideas.

https://deckstats.net/decks/96729/1106905-licia-life-s-mistress-www-tapp

Good to hear you found some cards to try! While Arcbond is awesome, Chandra's Ignition is much easier to use despite being slower and more expensive.

Divinity of Pride is already in the deck :D I will probably try Gisela at some point, just didn't have the card and it wasn't quite as cheap as I would've liked.
Fumigate is also pretty neat, but all the damage based effects wipe people out so well with Repercussion! I will be adding Expedition Map for sure though and maybe archangel of thune too..

Edephos

• Tapping Left
  • Decks
I'm not sure how I missed Ignition, but I did.   I'll be trying that one.  Thanks!