deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Need help updating Vamps post rotation  (Read 434 times)

DaethStaR

• Decks
Need help updating Vamps post rotation
« on: October 14, 2018, 01:22:57 pm »
I only play MTGA as I do not have a real gaming store close to me and I can not stand MTGO. Before the wipe, I was playing vamps with a lot of success. Now that there has been a rotation, vamps lost a bit of its power but not not a lot.

I was wondering if anyone had an updated Vamp list that they have had success with? I need to make a deck for standard, I have some of the core cards from the precons we got so I would have to use my wilds to finish the deck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

As a point of reference, there is a link to the deck I was playing.

https://deckstats.net/decks/114902/1079259-first-place-vamps-standard-mtg/en

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Need help updating Vamps post rotation
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 03:43:48 pm »
It looks like you lost about a third of this deck to rotation (19 cards by my count?), in my experience if you lose that much of a Standard deck there's not enough straight up replacements to update a tribal deck though I will say this particular time I'm not familiar enough with what cards are left in Standard from the previous sets that had a lot of Vampires may be able to slide in. However I'm guessing you don't have them in due to lack of power level in the deck?
This space for rent.

Quentil

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:37:06 am »
I've been using this as a budget vampire tribal in standard of late.  IT probably needs some work to be a real champ of a deck, but it might give you some ideas.

https://deckstats.net/decks/21453/1107322-white-black-vampires-mtgo-/en

PitBoss

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 02:28:09 pm »
Oath Sworn Vampire could replace Gifted Aetherborn but it simply is not as good. Since you looking to go wide with Call to the Feast, you may consider Sanctum Seeker as a one or two of. Twilight Prophet is better than Champion of Dusk. Replacing Fatal Push with Seal Away or Baffling End is a cheap alternative. Necrotic Wound might work well for you as well at that slot. Losing Heart of Kiran is problem, you have nothing in the air to protect you. You will have to sideboard something for that.