deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Vampire Tribal EDH  (Read 2179 times)

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Vampire Tribal EDH
« on: October 14, 2018, 06:07:05 pm »
Vampire Tribal EDH

A vampire tribal deck with a sacrifice undertone. Dictate of Erebos will destroy opponents boards, and with a wide range of cheap vampires, this has an aggro feel. There is a lot of removal to deal with opponents key threats. There are key cards that boost mana massively, these being Liliana of the Dark Realms and Nirkana Revenent. There are a lot of tribal anthems in here too to make the most of the 1/1 tokens.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Vampire Tribal EDH
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 07:45:48 pm »
This is a pretty solid build. You have a good removal suite and lots of quality vampires, so I can only a offer a few minor suggestions.

First off, Cabal Stronghold is not worth it. Even if you can use it, it only gets black mana, and you're a three color deck. Also, because you're investing 4 mana into it, you need to get at least 4 black mana out, which means 4 basic swamps. The odds of you having 4 basic swamps and Cabal Stronghold is 0.9% by turn 10. So in 100 games, this might happen once.

There are some other lands that can be swapped as well. You can ditch Nomad Outpost for Exotic Orchard, and the bounce lands (Boros Garrison, Orzhov Basilica, Rakdos Carnarium) for the check lands (Clifftop Retreat, Isolated Chapel, Dragonskull Summit). If you're willing to shell out a little money, City of Brass, Forbidden Orchard, and Mana Confluence would make excellent choices.

Next up, your removal package is almost perfect. You'll probably want Abrade and Vindicate to give you just a little more artifact removal. But you'll also want to draw into this removal, so you need a little more card draw. Reforge the Soul, Faithless Looting, Read the Bones, and Night's Whisper should do the trick.

I know you've spent a lot of time on Edgar Markov, and it's paying off. This is one of the few times that I've seen an Edgar Markov deck that has impressed me. Good on you.

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 08:32:55 pm »
Thanks Morganator 2.0 for the feedback, you're right about Cabal stronghold!

As for the lands, I will keep my out for some of the lands you mentioned, I can see how they will definitely make a difference.

I think I may have most of those card draw spells (reforge the soul is the only one I am missing) - but I have the difficulty of what comes out :)

Thanks again - I appreciate the feedback and the time spent posting it!

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 11:25:32 am »
I don't have all the draw I thought, I will look out for night's whisper, Khorvath's Fury is a good card though, as I discard my hand and draw that many + 1 cards, then deal damage to each opponent equal to the number of cards in hand! And damnable pact is better than skeletal scrying until I can get some better card draw.

Revision 17

Added/removed cards:
-1 Night's Whisper
-1 Skeletal Scrying
+1 Damnable Pact
+1 Khorvath's Fury

nethys

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 07:29:13 pm »
You don't play the combo Sanguine Bond + Blood tribute ?

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 08:43:12 pm »
Exquisite blood is definitely a much better choice than blood tribute.

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 12:54:19 pm »

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 03:28:21 pm »
I have to agree with Morganator, this is definitely a really well thought out list.

I admit most of my casual decklists aren’t as well balanced as they should. Not as good as this one any ways. This is one of the best constructed Edgar Markov lists I’ve seen in a while.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:55:21 pm by nickelphoenix »

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 12:35:50 pm »

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 08:51:21 pm »

Artharios

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 12:52:42 am »
Do you have any play lines or general tips that you could share with us? This deck looks so fleshed out and tuned, I just purchased what cards I didn't own from this list with 1-2 meta specific changes. Great job, overall.

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 04:38:12 pm »
Thanks for the comments, the key aim is to go wide whilst getting out camps that pump, and with all the card draw the deck is quite reliable!

A lot of time has gone into this deck, but it's largely down to advice from this site and people contributing ideas that has led to this deck being so tuned! I'm now also developing a tuvasa merfolk/enchantment deck as well, hopefully in time it will be as good as this deck

Artharios

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 04:01:06 pm »
@MagicPlayer1080 Straight forward - I guess I'm asking a few different questions here..

1) Do you usually go after necropotence first with dark petition? What other targets (I assume the ramp options) do you usually find yourself tutoring for if it's already out?
2) Do you suggest Vault of the Archangel, and if so, which land would you replace?
3) While lands could always be improved, what other cards are you considering (maybeboard) but haven't added yet? Which cards from the deck would you likely replace those with?

Thanks for all the help! I sleeved it up last night and it played like a champ!!! Thank you for putting it together, it's a blast to play!

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 07:54:05 pm »
1) this depends on many things, if I want to go wide because I have dictate of Erebus out then I'll go for annointed procession, of I have exquisite blood or sanguine bond out then I'll go for the other half of the infinite loop, otherwise yes, I'll go for necropotence!
2) the key weakness I have is that I won't spend out on land, this deck can be hugely sped up by sitting money on good land! Vault of the archangel has excellent synergy with edgar
3) I'm always looking for new cards, but there aren't many I would change at the moment, but I'm always open to suggestions