deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: PLUNDER THE GRAVES - Comments  (Read 107 times)

Comment Bot

PLUNDER THE GRAVES - Comments
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:36:21 pm »
PLUNDER THE GRAVES

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: PLUNDER THE GRAVES - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:36:27 pm »
Im sorry to say that, but i strongly suggest you to rework the deck. The average cmc is kinda high with 4.0, paired with less ramp it will result in a slow deck.
Then it feels like there is a clear strategy missing. For example i would expect Centaur Vinecrasher in a jund land destruction deck or in a Gitrog deck or something like that. With Meren u don't thow lots of lands into the Graveyards.

To improve it i would suggest to replace Diabolic Servitude with other reanimator spells and get some more of them. Diabolic Servitude is kinda bad for your deck, because creatures reanimated with it get exiled once they die. You are also very dependend on Meren in terms of recursion. If an opponent plays Control Magic, Gideon's Intervention or Nevermore to get rid of your commander, your in serious trouble.
Then I dont really like selfmill in meren. If you get creatures in your graveyard, its fine. But everything else is (nearly) lost. Better try to get some more card draw (and discard creatures as reanimation targets) or cards that allow you to tutor into your gaveyard. Buried Alive is a great example for this.
To future speed up your deck, what about Yavimaya Elder? reusable card draw and ramp. And what about Ashnod's Altar? Its nearly a must have in Meren, since its a sac outlet for your creatures and even produces mana.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Coding

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:58:46 pm »
Ashnod's Altar and Yavimaya Elder seems both to fit in the deck.
I dislike selfmill totally myself.
My friends play high CMC around 5 so it will not be that slow :P
It could need a lot of ramp.

"I am sorry to say that, but I strongly suggest you to" check out the commander decks from 2015 at https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2015-edition-decklists-2015-11-06 especially the "PLUNDER THE GRAVES"... This is just a copy of a preconstructed :P
But thanks for your improvement notes!

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 09:41:29 am »
I'm Sorry, ive already seen some Meren decks, but never the Precon. That explains alot.  :-\

Well, at least it seems like my Post wasn't totally bullshit. Do your changes and then i can take a look at it again, if you want a second opinion.  ;)

About the CMC, in my playgroup 3.5-4 is common, ive just build a Deck with 2.46. It can be alot fun to rush your opponents.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.