deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Jankiest Combo, Need Help!  (Read 421 times)

calebbw

• Decks
The Jankiest Combo, Need Help!
« on: October 18, 2018, 10:06:11 pm »
Hello, all!

You may have heard of a combo or the possibility of a combo between Ramos, Dragon Engine and Conflux. You can do more than add 10 mana after a Conflux. You can win the game on the spot all in one turn. It's a 13-piece combo that when assembled let's you generate infinite mana and draw your whole deck, which usually leads to a win. I in particular need help with filling in the rest of the deck, but first let me explain the combo. But be warned, it's very convoluted for maximum jank. (Keep in mind this is for EDH)

Here's the pieces:
1. Ramos, Dragon Engine (commander)
2. Conflux
3. Reborn Hope
4. Ghostly Flicker
5. Unspeakable Symbol
6. Priest of Urabrask
7. Master Biomancer
8. Gitaxian Probe
9. Demonic Tutor
10. Temur Ascendancy
11. Noxious Revival
12. Eternal Witness
13. Laboratory Maniac, Walking Ballista, Aetherflux Reservoir, or Siege Rhino

Here's the plan (step-by-step):
1. Cast Ramos, Dragon Engine.
2. Cast Conflux finding Reborn Hope, Ghostly Flicker, Unspeakable Symbol, Priest of Urabrask, and Master Biomancer. Adds 5 counters to Ramos, totaling 5.
3. Remove 5 counters from Ramos add WWUUBBRRGG.
4. Cast Priest of Urabrask using RRW; floating WUUBBRRRGG.
5. Cast Ghostly Flicker targeting Ramos and Priest of Urabrask using UUR; floating WUBBRRRRGG.
6. Cast Reborn Hope targeting Conflux using GW; floating UBBRRRRG. Adds 2 counters to Ramos, totaling 2.
7. Cast Master Biomancer using UGRR; floating BBRR. Adds 2 counters to Ramos, totaling 4.
8. Cast Unspeakable Symbol using BBR; floating R. Adds 1 counter to Ramos, totaling 5.
9. Pay 9 life to add 3 counters to Master Biomancer.
10. Remove 5 counters from Ramos adding WWUUBBRRGG; floating WWUUBBRRRGG
11. Cast Conflux using WUBRG(WRR) finding any white card, Gitaxian Probe, Demonic Tutor, Temur Ascendancy, and Noxious Revival; floating UBG.
12. Cast Noxious Revival paying 2 life targeting Ghostly Flicker.
13. Cast Gitaxian Probe for 2 life to draw Ghostly Flicker.
14. Cast Ghostly Flicker using UBG targeting Ramos and Priest of Urabrask; floating RRR. Ramos enters with 5 counters.
15. Remove 5 counters from Ramos; floating WWUUBBRRRRRGG.
16. Cast Demonic Tutor using BR finding Eternal Witness; floating WWUUBRRRRGG.
17. Cast Eternal Witness using GGR returning Ghostly Flicker; floating WWUUBRRR.
18. Cast Ghostly Flicker targeting Ramos and Eternal Witness using URR returning Ghostly Flicker; floating WWUBR. Ramos enters with 5 counters.
19. Remove 5 counters from Ramos adding WWUUBBRRGG; floating WWWWUUUBBBRRRGG.
20. Cast Temur Ascendancy using URG; floating WWWWUUBBRRG.
21. Repeat 18 and 19 generating infinite mana and drawing infinite cards by flickering Ramos and Eternal Witness.

Now, that monstrosity is out of the way, if you followed it this far, I need help filling in the rest of this deck. I have no idea what kind of shell this combo fits best in. Any thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: The Jankiest Combo, Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:00:42 pm »
First off:

Wow. I love this convoluted combo. There is no way I'd be able to excute it with having it written out next to me.

Second, I'll make some suggestions, but I'm assuming you have no budget restrictions.

The win conditions isn't that hard. Because you have infinite card draw, infinite mana, and infinite storm count, you can win with either Laboratory Maniac, Blue Sun's Zenith, or Aetherflux Reservoir.

The support of this deck is massive. You need tutors to get you conflux. Mystical Tutor, Personal tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Grim Tutor, Imperial Seal, the works. You'll also want crazy mana ramp like Birds of Paradise, Fellwar Stone, and the full cycle of talimans. Throw in Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, and Mox Opal while you're at it. I'm sure you can figure out more. Because you have to hard-cast an 8 mana spell without Ramos's help, you're going to need a lot of ramp. You also need card draw to help you find either Conflux, or a card that can search for it. Wheel of Fortune, Windfall, Dig Through Time, Rhystic Study, along with top-deck manipulation like Sensei's Divining Top and Scroll Rack.

This combo is also super fragile. Any instant-speed creature or artifact removal will seriously mess things up. You could try trickery like Apostle's Blessing, Faith's Shield or Reverent Mantra, along with your counterspells (Force of Will, Pact of Negation, Swan Song), but it's probably safer to just lock people out. Grand Abolisher, City of Solitude, Dosan the Falling Leaf, and Defense Grid should all help with this.

calebbw

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 11:46:20 pm »
Thanks so much! I took some inspiration from other builds, but I tried to streamline the combo as much as possible. Great suggestions! I particularly like the lock cards. This is exactly what I need, the more cards I can think of that do redundant things, the better! Again, thanks! I will take all of that into consideration.

calebbw

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 01:31:57 am »
List number one is out!

Before you see the land situation, I know what you're gonna say. This isn't optimized, but this deck's budget is intended to be optimized for play on MTGO. Also note, that Timetwister is a very cheap card on the platform.

https://deckstats.net/decks/62519/1116225-ramos-dragon-engine

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:37:48 am »
Very interesting combo.
Since you arleady explained here how it works, I would suggest to add this to the description of the deck.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:10:21 am by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.