deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Monowhite Angel - Comments  (Read 445 times)

Comment Bot

Monowhite Angel - Comments
« on: October 18, 2018, 11:33:18 pm »
Monowhite Angel

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
Re: Monowhite Angel - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:33:21 pm »
... a bit too many angels. 17 is the magic number +/- 2.

You need the extra room to fully capitalize on every little bit of value you can squeeze out of white. And what’s worse is that usually a strong colorless presence is needed to get value engines running. Also for card draw and ramp.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:59:02 pm by nickelphoenix »

Thunderbird

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:43:15 am »
yes i know ... i forgot to actiavte the edit mode... im just searching for a little bit card draw and some spells to remove something ... i think in a few days it will be rdy to play :) but i think 17 angels is a little bit to small for a angel deck ^^ lets look in a few days

Stophel

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:47:10 am »
Restoration Angel, besides being a great card, is not good in your deck because she cannot blink other angels. I think you might want to cut her in favor of some other stuff.
"If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing!"

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 11:09:35 am »
First of all, interesting deck. I just think its lacking interaction. Disenchant and Crush Contraband could help to stop Combos or remove important cards. Since your playing mono W Renounce the Guilds could be a funny card ("we all have to sacrifice a multicolored card. oh, i can't, ive got none."). Crackdown would also be a nasty option, since it only harms your opponents.
You got some Lifelink, what about Well of Lost Dreams to get some additional Card Draw?
Depending on your playgroup Gideon's Intervention, Nevermore or Darksteel Mutation could be very interesting to shut down important cards.

Besides that, i would really think about the Urborg + Karma combo. yes, this would cause alot of lifedrain, but karma alone isn't a big deal and Urborg alone could assist your opponents in stead of harming them. If you want to Play the combo, i would suggest add some more Tutors like Enlightened Tutor or Idyllic Tutor.

About the number of angels.. 17 sounds a little less, but i would suggest go down to 28-25 for some more interaction.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 03:13:57 pm »
I studied this a bit more carefully.

I missed this new Boreas Charger. This is an interesting new land draw/Ramp tool. This actually has me completely re-thinking my current equipment strategy Sword of Fire and Ice, and Sword of Feast and Famine as primary source of card draw and mana ramp in my Avacyn, Angel of Hope Deck.

As is right now, this list is screaming for Recruiter of the Guard.

Recruiter can fetch you a lot of things in this list but the core that really speaks volumes to me is Boreas Charger, Weathered Wayfarer, Knight of the White Orchid, Solemn Simulacrum, and Wall of Omens.

There is actually decent card draw/land draw here with proper recursion engines and a sac outlet.

Hence why i just mentioned this seriously has me re-considering a Recruiter of the Guard card draw/ramp package rather then my current equipment solution (The two swords via Stoneforge Mystic).

It’s a lil clunk-ier then the group hug Ghirapur Orrery but Terrain Generator (a wayfarer target) is an effective colorless mono-white trick to convert land draw into ramp.

Also, If your running Ashnod’s Altar as your sac outlet, and Land Tax. I strongly suggest Enlightned Tutor. These are two tools that are a “must find”. High Market, albeit not an infinity looper like Ashnod’s Altar is also a sac outlet that Wayfarer can fetch that can enable value card engines via traditonal means like Emeria, the sky ruin or Emeria Shephered, Adarkar Valkyrie, Reya Dawnbringer, etc...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:45:51 pm by nickelphoenix »

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 04:22:20 pm »
Also, since you're running Snow-Covered for the Extraplanar Lens, There is also Scrying Sheets... it's a lil counter-intuitive in mono-white because of all the land filtering, but it's a only land slot and is a great mana sink if it comes out in the early game to try and get things going a bit faster. Scrying sheets also has a 1 in 99 chance of grabbing Adarkar Valkyrie off the top for you, not likely to ever happen but since its an angel deck why not? :)

Thunderbird

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 11:17:08 pm »
i had do some new changes ... with your help more draw with Howling Mine , The Immortal Sun , and some other stuff ... think i will build this deck next month so i will check how good it is :)

Thunderbird

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 10:08:43 am »
Divine Visitation was addet for more angel ^^