deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Ally Stuff (Casual)  (Read 175 times)

Varatius

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Ally Stuff (Casual)
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:47:40 pm »
Ally Stuff (Casual)

(THIS IS A CASUAL DECK! CAN STEAL WINS FROM MORE COMPETITIVE DECKS BUT NOT VERY OFTEN!)
 This is an ally based deck so swarm do a bunch of stuff for playing allies attack pretty basic. Usually when you control voldealken orrery you dont play cards on your turn unless it removes a player or wins the game instead you play thing on the end step before your turn so you can attack however i do have haste creators so that is always an option.

id like to turn this competitive if anyone could help.

nethys

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Ally Stuff (Casual)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 09:58:38 pm »
I can be wrong, but I think your deck lack consistancy.
Playing a 5 colors commander isn't easy and it need a strong synergy between creatures.
BUT as far as I know, Allies were created in several extensions and not always in the same colors. I can remember an ally with more than 2 colors...
So, indeed, they have effect that is based on the amount of allies, but I don't think is a strong enough synergy.
I think you should go for a 2 colors deck. For exemple with Akiri, Line-Slinger + Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder or Munda, Ambush Leader (even if I think that one would be better on simple creature).
Aside from them, you have a lot of allies that are great to play on those colors :
Munda's Vanguard
Kazuul Warlord
Angelic Captain
Angel of Renewal

Also, you have a lot of creature. You should only be around 30. The only deck I know that have so many creature is one I've done. A tribal one too, but based on sliver. It works well because each one bring a capacity that can help to solve a particular problem. They are less dependant on spell, enchants or equipements.
With 2 colors, you'll also be able to shrink a little your manabase. For 2 colors, you could spare about 5 lands.

So you could have more that 20 spare slots. With those you should add :
Removals
Draw/Tutors
Artifacts (and mostly equipements if you use Akiri, Line-Slinger)

Also, severals allies have capacities that :
need to be tapped => Find some cards that give Vigilance so you can attack and use their capacities in the end of your opponent turn.
trigger when they come in play => Find some blink effect for even more triggering
Conjurer's Closet is interesting, but as it bring the creature back in the end of the turn, it isn't very useful with Firemantle Mage for example, as it come back after combat phase. But it can be great with : Hada Freeblade, Kazandu Blademaster or better Kazuul Warlord
For the others creatures that have effect when entering battlefield you can use Acrobatic Maneuver or Astral Slide (with cycling lands for example)

I'm sorry for that very long response and for suggesting such radical changes but I really think that it will be hard to improve your deck if you keep five colors.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Ally Stuff (Casual)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 11:08:39 pm »
Turning it competitive isn't hard, it just costs money. General Tazri is one of the best Commanders if you build her this way.

The keystone of the deck is Food Chain with either Eternal Scourge, Squee, the Immortal, or Misthollow Griffin. When you exile any of these creatures to Food Chain, you get one more mana than what you put in, so you generate infinite mana.

Next, General Tazri gets you a win condition. Some kind of ally. Hagra Diabolist, Halimar Excavator, or Kalastria Healer will do the trick. Because you still have infinite mana, you can now cast and re-cast General Tazri an infinite about of times to win.

Sounds like fun? The catch is you need a way to get both Food Chain and your exile creature (default to Eternal Scourge, it's the easiest one to cast). There are the usual suspects: Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, but you can also take advantage of Manipulate Fate, Extract, Foresight, Demonic Consultation, Plunge Into Darkness, and Tainted Pact. Because these cards also put cards into exile, you could win on the spot. Just make sure to include Riftsweeper and Pull from Eternity, in case you accidentally exiled something you weren't supposed to.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 06:24:59 pm by Morganator 2.0 »