deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Most underrated current evergreen keyword on creatures?  (Read 1339 times)

Chairforce

• Decks
Re: Most underrated current evergreen keyword on creatures?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 11:10:32 am »
Trample. A 15/15 will only do so much if it can get distracted by a 0/1 bird.

Seriously, trample has been making the difference between chump-blocks and game-overs since day 0, yet the only mention it got in this thread so-far was in a post about how nasty it is to combine first strike with deathtouch. As far as underrated goes, you got your winner.

And on that note, yes, deathtouch & first strike do form a pretty spiffy synergy, but did you ever wonder why there's not a single creature out there that combines trample and deathtouch? Well, it turns out that "any amount of damage is lethal" is a bit too ludicrous if you pair it with "any damage done to blockers beyond lethal damage carries over to defending player/planeswalker."

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 04:16:25 am »
Really, I think deathtouch. Oh, you have a 15/15? Here, let me kill it with a 1/1.

Underrated, not overpowered. Silly.

My choice would be trample. People fear a vanilla 6/6 for 6 as much as a 6/6 for 6 with trample. Even though only one of those can be chump blocked.

Hmm perhaps shouldn't have used the  number 6. Oh well, I think I am going there anyway.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

RivenEsq

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 07:13:01 pm »
I like First Strike a lot. Having played Narset, it allows a lot of things to go your way that otherwise wouldn't.

Obviously Trample and Hexproof are good, but I don't think they are underrated at all.