deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: crazy expensive edh deck  (Read 566 times)

Varatius

• Decks
crazy expensive edh deck
« on: October 20, 2018, 08:51:51 pm »
Im looking for an edh deck that follows 3 of five criteria 2 are mandatory while the other three are optional on which you want to do:
Mandatory
1 Must cost atleast $7000 not including foils
2 Must be able to kill multiple opponents with seperate win conditions slowly

Optional
3 Abuses voldalken orrery
4 Has 5 planeswalkers but no more than 12 and must run either Tibalt, Fiend Blooded or Jace th Living GuildPact but not both
5 Can rush through deck either through draw or tutors

Please put in the description the win conditions and any spectacular combos. 

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: crazy expensive edh deck
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 05:39:21 am »
I don't quite understand the second requirement. It sounds like every combat-oriented deck can kill people slowly in different ways. Could you please elaborate?

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 02:16:19 pm »
I don't quite understand the second requirement. It sounds like every combat-oriented deck can kill people slowly in different ways. Could you please elaborate?
Basically i want more than one way ie attacking maybe chandra burn mill but i want to be able to focus each win con on a different opponent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 02:46:13 pm »
The problem I see is that for most combos that take out one opponent, end up taking out every opponent. So the way I understand it, is you have to actively choose one player to take out with one combo, and then choose to not use it on another player. Correct?

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 03:21:29 pm »
The problem I see is that for most combos that take out one opponent, end up taking out every opponent. So the way I understand it, is you have to actively choose one player to take out with one combo, and then choose to not use it on another player. Correct?
kinda of im looking more for like mindsculptor to win against on player and have another way to deal with only one opponet and so on it doesnt necessarily have to be mindsculptor or and multiple card combo just one win con per multiple players somewhere around 4 -6 ways to remove people in this price range i have a few decks like this but i want one thats extremely expensive but uses niche cards and etraordinary win conditions because i find it more fun to eliminate 1-2 players at seperate times and lose in the end tover beating everyone at once.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 04:35:55 pm »
Alright, I think I've got something. I chose these three requirements:

1. Must cost at least $7000 USD, not foiled out. Total cost is $ 10583.46
2. Must have 3 different win conditions, and each one is used against a different player.
3. Use draws spells and tutors to go through the the deck.

Here is the game plan.

Step one of this deck is to use the massive amounts of tutors and draw spells to find your combo pieces. You need to generate infinite mana, using one of these combos.

1. Isochron Scepter+Dramatic Reversal: there are lots of ways to tutor for these pieces, so it's easy to set up. Then you just need a couple of artifacts that tap for mana.

2. Deadeye Navigator+Palinchron/Peregrine Drake: Repeatedly flicker Palinchron/Peregrine Drake for infinite land untaps.

3. Phantasmal Image+Palinchron:
Phantasmal Image copies Palinchron, and then can return to your hand.

4. Power Artifact+Grim Monolith: this generates infinite colorless, so go for this one last.

Next, to take out three people in different way.

Version 1
Cast Oona. Pour 100 mana into her ability and mill someone out. Preferably a mono-colored deck, because you'll need the faeries for the second part.

Version 2.
Hopefully you got enough faeries to deal 40 damage, because you're going to use them to attack another person. Sadly they don't have haste, so you'll have to wait a turn, which is incredibly dangerous.

Version 3.
Now, use Oona's ability on yourself. Mill your whole deck, which causes Narcomoeba to pop out into play. Unearth Dregscape Zombie, and then cast Gravecrawler. Flashback Dread Return by sacrificing all three, and bring back Laboratory Maniac. Then Flashback Deep Analysis to win. All of this was assuming that you lost all those faeries somehow. Oherwise, sacrifice three of them to cast Dread Return.

Three opponents, three different ways. The only issue, is that method 1 and 3 are ways to win on their own.

https://deckstats.net/decks/82803/1118187-deck-request-oona

Is this what you wanted?

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 05:14:33 pm »
i like it its solid and looks fun i will definitly proxy what i dont have to test it ty very much.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 07:11:15 pm »
I am curious, Varatius ... What is the reason you are looking for all of these criteria?  Especially the "must be super expensive" stipulation.  I've seen many people demand cheap decks, this is the first time I've seen anyone demand an expensive deck. 
Happy Brewing!
:)

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 02:12:43 am »
I am curious, Varatius ... What is the reason you are looking for all of these criteria?  Especially the "must be super expensive" stipulation.  I've seen many people demand cheap decks, this is the first time I've seen anyone demand an expensive deck. 
im hosting a  tournament that people are buying in for and i want to get them a nice reward for the winner but i wanna make sure its a fun deck at the same time i have about 100 people attending so far.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 02:41:45 am »
$7000 is kinda extreme, and having 3 win cons is a lot.. even in competitive, some of the best decks aren't more than $2000
Nils is the God I worship

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 04:12:03 am »
i know its alot but i want them to feel rewarded with how much money im gunna make from this and besides even if i lose out i have the cash to do so with ease.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 04:14:10 am »
At that point the deck isn't good because you have to actually try. Why not just give them something that's really good, and let the price work itself out? Wouldn't that be a better reward anyway?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 04:15:31 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/86132/1063920-cedh-yidris-storm this deck is more than a bit competitive and is definitely fun (for the pilot, at least ;) ) and isn't $7000 but definitely not cheap. I would consider it.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 02:00:00 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/86132/1063920-cedh-yidris-storm this deck is more than a bit competitive and is definitely fun (for the pilot, at least ;) ) and isn't $7000 but definitely not cheap. I would consider it.
see i was hoping to give them a deck that used the oldest versions of cards i mean i gave the title of the tournament Time Warp it has a theme of you have to include atleast 3 card from odyssey back and was hope the deck may even resemble that.