deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Oloro - Life Gain, Prison and Combo - Comments  (Read 198 times)

Comment Bot

Oloro - Life Gain, Prison and Combo - Comments
« on: October 22, 2018, 03:11:52 pm »
Oloro - Life Gain, Prison and Combo

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
Re: Oloro - Life Gain, Prison and Combo - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:11:55 pm »
This is a very interesting list. Running a stax/fort flavour along side the traditional oloro lifegain game really speaks to the defensive nature of my play style.

Some suggestions...

Kokusho - Like his Esper brothers Yosei, and Keiga really desire death. Yes sure in multiplayer you’re looking at 10+ damage and life gain in one play. But in this present list, that’s where the party ends. There is no recursion or sac outlet listed. Kokusho is one of those cards that is “potentially” a good card given the right engines and synergy. (Usually a commander that is either a sac outlet, or a re-animator/recursion tool).

In this particular mix I really think good old Sunscorch Regent is the dragon you’re looking for. It really integrates in both the lifegain and s-tax/fort themes you got going on here.

As is right now, 10 of 16 listed enchantments fall in Zur the Enchanter fetching range, 4 of which are Stax tools and 3 of which are Draw Tools. Stax + Draw = Speed boost for you. It is definitely worth considering Zur as a toolbox tutor for this list.

Other then that this a pretty cool list and I give it 👍👍 for getting away from the usual 100% lifegain shennanigans.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:17:47 pm by nickelphoenix »

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 05:44:49 pm »
If you do end up running Zur I’d also suggest at least one recursion tool, Phyrexian Reclammation. Why? You are running a mix of VERY high value creatures with no Hexproof or Shroud tools in the list. Since the theme is defensive by nature I don’t think it’s necessary to go back and squeeze hexproof and shroud tools in. I feel one (and in this case fetchable) recursion tool is sufficient, just in case.

OstrichFace

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:02:37 am »
Thanks for the advice! I haven't revisited this deck in a while and agree that Kokusho doesn't belong in the list. Sunscorch is really good alternative and synergizes with the deck a ton more.

I don't think I'll end up running Zur, mostly because the deck is meant to be, at best, a competitive list in my meta and Zur is a bit of a giant target. I agree he would probably be an optimal include, but is probably above the power level I'm looking to make with the deck.

I'll probably put up a revised list in the next month (I have quite a few commander decks and haven't brought this one out in a while since it tends get a few groans from the table). Thanks, again!