deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: A boy and his imagination - Comments  (Read 314 times)

Comment Bot

A boy and his imagination - Comments
« on: October 27, 2018, 07:59:32 am »
A boy and his imagination

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

gNecrOz

• Decks
Re: A boy and his imagination - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:59:36 am »
To anyone that views the deck and takes the time to give feedback or asks questions, thank you. As mentioned int the Overview this is my first deck here and it still a work in progress as I play with it every day I try to think of things to tune it. I have already Cycled out 15 cards from the original 98. If you have ideas, tips, suggestions; please feel free to say them. Thanks Again.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 05:44:43 pm »
Deadeye Navigator also makes infinite mana with Peregrine Drake. Fortunately they're both creatures, so Eldritch Evolution and Worldly Tutor will help search for them.

gNecrOz

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 09:20:23 am »
so @Morganator 2.0 what would you suggest to swap out? I am thinking Kiora's Follower however the utility base for it exists. tonight's games we played went pretty well. won 3 out of 5 .... got boros'd the last game tho hahaha

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 02:39:47 pm »
Kiora's follower is fine. He can untap lands as well as Gilded Lotus, so he's more like mana ramp. I would start by getting rid of Freed from the Real and Aura of Dominion. The only creature they work well with is Vorel of the Hull Clade. Next, we need to improve your mana ramp package. You're using 32 lands, so you need better mana ramp. Start by also removing Grow from the Ashes, Search for Tomorrow, Skyshroud Claim, and Vedalken Orrery. If you really need the flash effect, Leyline of Anticipation is better. Replace these cards with Birds of Paradise, Simic Signet, Fellwar Stone, Utopia Sprawl, and Arbor Elf.

Last thing: small changes to the land base. Alchemist's Refuge is not worth the mana you must put into it (all of the lands of that cycle were like that), and the storage lands, Hollow Trees and Sand Silos, take too much effort to really pay off. In their place, add Exotic Orchard, City of Brass, and Flooded Grove.

gNecrOz

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 06:28:21 pm »
Apologies I have not been here in a few days, Class mid-terms were up so I had focus down on that.

I made a few revisions, I used my own ideas and some influenced by the suggestion.

Revisions

- Removed Hooded Hydra and replaced it with Hangarback Walker

- Removed Veldaken Orrey and replaced it with Leyline of anticipation

- Increased the land base by 2, (Forest and Island)

- Removed Contagion Engine, Scourge of Skola Val, Aura of Dominion, Simic Manipulator, Tuskguard Captain.

- Added Prime Speaker Zegana for a little more power and draw

- Added Give // Take for mostly the take side of removing +1 / +1 counters for card draw

- Added Solemn Simulacrum for some ramp and draw in one package

On the chopping block

- Alchemist's Refuge and thinking about replacing it with a Birds of Paradise

- Search for Tomorrow and thinking about replacing it with another Suggested Ramp.

Those are all the revisions I have made so far and am considering as I continue to play the deck and feel out what I like and have fun doing and what I do not like.

Thanks for all the suggestions and any help you continue to add <3 means a lot and if I do not hear from anyone before Thanksgiving, have a good one :)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 02:10:48 am »
You absolutely should ditch the Alchemist's Refuge for the Birds of Paradise.

gNecrOz

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 05:34:00 am »
In my play group the alchemist's refuge has saved me a few times now so it is staying in the 98 for me.

The increased Mana base with the fetch ability and fetch lands have helped any Mana issues I have. Really I am enjoying the changes I have made.

I am debating on the Peregrine Drake for another source of Infinite Mana in the deck aside from the Vorel + FFTR + CC.

Utility wise it works well and has several different synergies working with it and different ways to respond and work for win conditions.

Again I cannot stress enough that this is designed to be a relaxed and fun deck with different and fun ways to interact on the battlefield and it is doing just that. I like it so far.

gNecrOz

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 01:30:17 am »
Cards Cut:

Lands: Windswept Heath 1, Forest 3, Sand Silos 1, Island 1, Hollow Trees 1

Creatures: Rishkar, Peema Renegade 1, Managorger Hydra 1, Lorescale Coatl 1

Instants // Sorceries: Life's Legacy 1, Grow from the Ashes 1

Planeswalkers: Nissa, Voice of Zendikar 1, Tezzeret, Artifice Master 1, Teferi, Temporal Archmage 1

Cards Added:

Lands:  Blighted Woodland 1, Flooded Grove 1, Myriad Landscape 1, Rushwood Grove 1, Saprazzan Cove 1, Simic Growth Chamber 1, Temple of Mystery 1, Temple of the False God 1

Creatures: Hydroid Krasis 1, Incubation Druid 1, Kazandu Tuskcaller 1, Lighthouse Chronologist 1, Echo Mage 1, Gyre Engineer 1, Peregrine Drake 1

Instants // Sorceries: Growth Spiral 1, Repudiate // Replicate 1, Urban Evolution 1

Enchantments: Simic Ascendancy 1, Kumena's Awakening 1, Wilderness Reclamation 1

Planeswalker: Jace, the Mind Sculptor 1, Kiora, Master of the Depths 1, Tezzeret the Seeker 1

This is a grouping of 1.5 and 2.0 changes that make up the 3.0 deck modifications. The choices were made based on my meta and play group also my play style.

I am thinking about replacing maybe Zameck Guildmage to bring back Tezzeret, Artifice Master.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 12:54:37 pm »
I think that the changes that you've made are fine, for the most part. You'll learn on your own that some of these cards are suboptimal (Namely Simic Growth Chamber, Temple of Mystery, and Temple of the False God).

gNecrOz

• Decks
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:45:37 am by gNecrOz »

gNecrOz

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2021, 08:33:18 pm »
Well COVID kind of hit hard and knocked me out of commander for a hot min. Most LGS's near me were not allowing any instore play and my friends and I had to retract to the lives of hermits.

But we are back now and with the new sets that have come out in the last year to year and a half. I took a quick look and I decided that I should hit up my old favorite.

I have made a Pir and Toothy 4.0, a more focused version of the deck with a slightly honed edge. It still has much room for improvement, but the way it is now is fine for me.

Enjoy everyone