deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Intro to cEDH  (Leído 43086 veces)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Intro to cEDH
« Respuesta #15 en: Septiembre 13, 2020, 07:38:32 am »
Since removal is such a thing to look out for wouldn't it be a good idea to have a commander that naturally has hexproof? Cards like Uril, the Miststalker and Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, are a couple decks that i have and though Uril does rely on combat it's really easy to get him up to dealing 20+ damage quickly if he has double strike and unblockable.

Lazav cost one less, is hexproof and can turn into any creature. Though this is a bit reliant on your opponent if most cEDH decks are reliant on combos playing dimir colors and consuming aberration can empty people's libraries fast. This especially if you run the mirran spy (+) ornithopter combo with your choice of banishing knack or retraction helix (this can be done reliably with an isochron scepter as well). And speaking of milling resources, my assumption is that your opponents don't care much about lands since they ramp with artifacts.....balustrade spy (+) deadeye navigator would be a nasty combo. Though they may not be top end creatures what are your thoughts on these two legendary creatures?
« Última modificación: Septiembre 14, 2020, 04:06:45 pm por G. Moto »

Soren841

• Decks
« Respuesta #16 en: Septiembre 13, 2020, 03:55:55 pm »
Commanders are typically not part of the combo unless they're a backup or an outlet, so it's not as important, plus youd rather just run counterspells for a lot of decks. The commanders (and combos) you mentioned are not particularly common because they're just slower and more clunky than a lot of others
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #17 en: Septiembre 13, 2020, 04:01:16 pm »
Since removal is such a thing to look out for wouldn't it be a good idea to have a commander that naturally has hexproof?

Yes, and that's part of the appeal with Narset, Enlightened Master and Animar, Soul of Elements. But having hexproof on it's own isn't enough; the commander also needs to be worth removing. Considering that Narset can potentially win off of one attack, it's totally worth using a counterspell or Toxic Deluge on her. The same can't be said of Uril, the Miststalker. Pure voltron doesn't work in competitive commander because it takes 3 turns at best after the commander comes out to finish the game. If you'd like to know more, please start a new topic on it instead of continuing the discussion here. I'd hate a repeat of last time.

As for Lazav, he doesn't have a relevant ability for cEDH. Copying creatures that go in the graveyard is good, I guess, but he otherwise doesn't contribute anything to the deck. You would be better off with a different commander in the same colours. As for that Mirran Spy combo, look at it objectively. It's a 4-card combo, with at least 3 dead cards (Retraction Helix has a little bit of use).  You'd be better off with just Dramatic Scpeter and Oona Queen of the Fae as a commander.

With combos, it's important that they are easy to assemble and use few dead cards.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #18 en: Septiembre 14, 2020, 04:09:04 pm »
Ok i can see your perspective on that. And wasting tutors on potentially dead cards is a waste of mana and time so understand that.