deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deck/Card pricing  (Read 1637 times)

AeroSigma

• Decks
Deck/Card pricing
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:13:50 pm »
I'd like to suggest a way to switch from using tcgplayer low prices to tcgplayer mid prices on the cost of a deck. I've found that this more accurately reflects the amount that cards will cost once you take into account shipping, and bundling from a single source.

Thanks!

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
Re: Deck/Card pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »
Is this a reliable source to compare prices for you?
This depends on your favorite marketplace and region in the world I guess, so this can provide a quick glimpse of price tags (distinguish certain cheap rares from high rated fetchlands) - yet in my opinion it's most of times far away from my source (central european region, magiccardmarket.eu).

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:15:21 am »
TCGplayer mid is consistently pretty accurate in showing how much I can buy cards for.  It takes the data from a lot of different online sellers, and the mid is the average of those costs.  I prefer it to the TCGPlayer Low, because the low price dosen't factor in shipping, and once that's all and done, the mid is pretty close to what I'd pay anyway.  Some of my LGS even pull up TCGplayer and grab prices right there when selling singles.

That said, perhaps if there are other price guides with APIs those could be added as options as well?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:48:04 am »
I have now switched our US prices to the TCGPlayer median (mid) price! :)