deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Voice of the Conclave  (Read 1646 times)

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Voice of the Conclave
« on: November 11, 2018, 10:38:38 pm »
Voice of the Conclave

A Selesnya deck I built around Trostani Discordant. Main focus of the deck is to go hella wide with some hella big tokens because of anthem effects, and honestly the deck works way better than I thought it would. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Voice of the Conclave
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:43:40 am »
Hey,

the deck itself seems fine (at least at the first look) but i would suggest reworking the mana base:
first of all, get rid of the tap lands like Graypelt Refuge. You play duo and more important, you play green. You shouldn't get any trouble with mana fixing. Same goes for the "cheap fetchies" like Evolving Wilds. They may be nice, if you just need a low amount of mana and need the fixing, but for your deck, they will only slow you down.
I'll suggest adding Rogue's Passage, Bountiful Promenade and then filling up with basics.
Then i would go down to 35 lands, and add 3 more ramp spells in stead: Frontier Guide, Harvest Season and Rampant Growth. they should help you to thin out your library again, whithout slowing you down that much.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:26:12 pm »
Hey,

i've just seen your revision. Could you please explain why you want to play Farseek? In your deck it allows you to search for a Plains for 1G. Besides Canopy Vista you could only get basic lands. Sylvan Scrying would be way better in the same slot, because you can search for any land.
Besides that, i've just found Flower // Flourish. That card could also be interesting for you because of the double usage (search for a land // +2/+2 for all creatures). If you prefere low CMC mana ramp, Sakura-Tribe Elder could also be interesting for you.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

ComingUpCway84

• Decks

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 04:44:06 pm »
Have made some huge changes to this deck over the past while, so figured I should show them off!! Most of the improvements are focused on more efficient token production, and overhauling our ratios to improve consistency. Deck is still a blast, would highly recommend checkingit out!!

Revision 33

Added/removed cards:
-1 Acidic Slime
-1 Angel of Invention
-1 Arcane Signet
-1 Arch of Orazca
-1 Austere Command
-1 Birds of Paradise
-1 Bountiful Promenade
-1 Castle Garenbrig
-1 Cleansing Nova
-1 Collective Blessing
-1 Deploy to the Front
-1 Elspeth Tirel
-1 Elvish Mystic
-1 Fabled Passage
-1 Farhaven Elf
-1 Field of Ruin
-1 Flawless Maneuver
-1 Geist-Honored Monk
-1 Ghost Quarter
-1 Heroic Intervention
-1 Hornet Queen
-1 Huatli, Radiant Champion
-1 Knight of Autumn
-1 Mycoloth
-1 Nomads' Assembly
-1 Ohran Frostfang
-1 Selesnya Signet
-1 Selfless Spirit
-1 Spear of Heliod
-1 Stirring Wildwood
-1 Sungrass Prairie
-1 Sunpetal Grove
-1 Talisman of Unity
-1 Temple Garden
-1 Temple of Plenty
-1 True Conviction
-1 Wood Elves
-1 Wooded Bastion
-1 Wrap in Vigor
+1 Akroma's Will
+1 Alliance of Arms
+1 Arctic Treeline
+1 Bala Ged Recovery // Bala Ged Sanctuary
+1 Battle Screech
+1 Battle for Bretagard
+1 Blighted Woodland
+1 Bloom Tender
+1 Esika's Chariot
+1 Evolving Wilds
+1 Faeburrow Elder
+1 Farseek
+1 Finale of Glory
+1 Font of Fertility
+1 Fyndhorn Elves
+1 Gavony Township
+1 Hour of Reckoning
+1 Make a Stand
+1 Migration Path
+1 Nullmage Shepherd
+1 Path of Discovery
+1 Path to Exile
+1 Pest Infestation
+1 Scatter the Seeds
+1 Scattered Groves
+1 Scute Swarm
+1 Selesnya Sanctuary
+1 Skullwinder
+1 Sundering Growth
+1 Sylvan Library
+1 Terramorphic Expanse
+1 Toski, Bearer of Secrets
+1 Triplicate Spirits

Changed amounts:
+3 Forest
+3 Plains

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2022, 12:01:55 pm »
Could you please explain why you want to play Farseek? In your deck it allows you to search for a Plains for 1G. Besides Canopy Vista you could only get basic lands. Sylvan Scrying would be way better in the same slot, because you can search for any land.
Farseek is ramp, where Sylvan Scrying is just fixing. In this deck, I don't think Farseek is very good (it's 2-mana tapped ramp in a two-colour deck, so pretty much any 2-mana rock is better as you don't really need the fixing) but Sylvan Scrying is worse (again, you don't need the fixing).

I would probably only run Sylvan Scrying as a sort of tutor, and if you can play Crop Rotation it's better for that by far. If you don't really have any fancy lands, I wouldn't bother; tutoring just for like a Command Tower or something feels eh.

ComingUpCway84

• Decks