deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: (List) The Best Board Wipes for EDH - Comments  (Letto 748 volte)

Comment Bot

• Visitatore
(List) The Best Board Wipes for EDH - Comments
« il: Novembre 14, 2018, 05:12:30 am »
(List) The Best Board Wipes for EDH

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

LameBeThyName

• Decks
Re: (List) The Best Board Wipes for EDH - Comments
« Risposta #1 il: Novembre 14, 2018, 05:12:37 am »
Thanks for the list man.  You should definitely add Martial Coup and Kindred Dominance though.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Giugno 17, 2019, 05:03:29 pm »
Cards I'd cut:
Winds of Abandon - ok, it's a one-sided Final Judgment that seldom can be a slightly overcosted Path to Exile, but the downside of giving so many free land drops to your opponents seems too steep to me. Of course, it's a fresh new card and time will tell whether I'm correct or not, but still...
Magus of the Disk - far too slow. Nevinyrral's Disk is ok because it's an artifact, but white has so many better options.
Planar Cleansing - strictly worse than Hour of Revelation.
Bontu's Last Reckoning - quite weak.
You forgot Wash Out.
I'd add Plague Wind, which technically isn't strictly worse than In Garruk's Wake (although in most cases it is), but to be honest I'd rather remove both.
Other options for red:
Hour of Devastation
Wildfire (and its costy brother Burning of Xinye)
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 18, 2019, 09:09:50 am da crimsonking »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Giugno 18, 2019, 12:02:30 am »
You know what, you're right about Magus of the Disk, Planar Cleansing, and Bontu's Last Reckoning. There are much better options in those colors. I'll add in Wash Out, but not the others. In Garruk's Wake is one I've considered removing, but destroying Planeswalkers is becoming increasingly relevant (and it's one-sided). Hour of Devastation's ability to get around indestructible isn't relevant, because I can't really think of any indestructible creatures with 5 or less toughness that are worth destroying (Keranos and Purphoros are the only ones that come to mind, at which point it's more of a meta-dependent hate piece). Wildfire used to be on the list until I tried it out. It works well in very specific decks, and it can't be one of the best when it's that specific.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Giugno 18, 2019, 09:16:26 am »
I agree with you, but then I think you should remove cards like Pyroclasm and Anger of the Gods, since they have a similar effect to Hour of Devastation (X mana for X damage) but weaker.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Giugno 19, 2019, 01:16:39 am »
 By the way, you forgot Pernicious Deed (and maybe it's younger brother Gaze of Granite).

crimsonking

• Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Giugno 19, 2019, 03:26:55 pm »
Checked my decks and here's what I think you're missing:
Retribution of the Meek
Slaughter the Strong
Citywide Bust
Elspeth, Sun's Champion (I haven't played much with this, but the guys of Command Zone always suggest it.)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Giugno 22, 2019, 11:17:30 pm »
No. None of these.

Penicious Deed and Gaze of Granite cost too much mana, and the white cards you suggested are too specific, considering that lots of creatures (tokens) are generally more threatening than big creatures.

BigMac7

• Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Ottobre 21, 2019, 09:33:18 pm »
Thanks for the list, it's super helpful! Here are my suggestions:
Starstorm can cost a lot, but never underestimate instant speed. It can set you up for a power play.
In green you could play The Great Aurora , although I most likely wouldn't. But it's still a hard board wipe. As removal, Ezuri's Predation is in my opinion better than Polukranos, World Eater.
Aetherspouts ' effect is a slight upgrate to Aetherize for one additional blue, so both are similarly worth to mention.
Curse of the Swine is like a Mass- Reality Shift and Ixidron can take care of all Commanders in play without sending them to Command Zone.
Perilous Vault , Urza's Ruinous Blast , Planar Outburst , Winds of Rath , Wakening Sun's Avatar , Deathbringer Regent , Dread Cacodemon , Desolation Giant , Subterranean Tremors , Duneblast , Living Death
PS: by far my most favorite Board Wipe in EDH is Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

fillasophy

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Luglio 13, 2020, 10:18:22 am »
With the new rules update last month, Necromantic Selection deserves a spot if you can handle the triple black and can stomach the spell being exiled.  Now that moving to the command zone is a state based action instead of a replacement effect, opponents can't prevent you choosing and effectively mindcontroling an opposing commander, which is nothing to scoff at.

Love your "Best" lists, btw :)

liter

• Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Novembre 04, 2020, 10:25:27 am »
Great list, I use it as a resource often.
I think Oblivion Stone and Perilous Vault belong on this list as well!

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Risposta #11 il: Maggio 07, 2021, 07:34:46 pm »
Very solid list!

I noticed Winds of Abandon is missing. Any particular reason?

Personally I consider it one of the best board wipes in white, since (1) it is asymmetrical (2) it can be used as targeted removal (3) sometimes your opponents don't even have enough basics to fetch.

Also Ezuri's Predation is decent in mono-G, and Engulf the Shore in mono-U.
Golgari is life. And death.

nyrdil

• Decks
« Risposta #12 il: Ottobre 29, 2021, 02:18:54 pm »
You missed some "quasi boardwipes" for green!

Apex Altisaur - Will kill a a lot. With any source of regen or indestructible, it's just a one sided boardwipe of everything with toughness under 10 and power over 1.

Ravenous Gigantotherium - Requiers you to eat your board, but will boarwipe as well as a Polukranos.

Monstrous Onslaught - Requiers a big dude, but it also boardwipes as well as Polukranos, World Eater.

Setessan Tactics - Requiers that you have a big board, but can just wipe it if you have more creatures then your opponents. Extra good with in Deathtouch decks.

Dr.Hackenstein

• Decks
« Risposta #13 il: Marzo 30, 2022, 11:42:46 am »
Surprised to see no Languish in black. Also Massacre is under rated in my opinion as you often can cast it for free in Commander.

Sharky87

• Decks
« Risposta #14 il: Maggio 18, 2022, 05:27:52 pm »
For Black
Havoc Demon is missing
Yahenni's Expertise is missing for minor board wipe
Feast of succession is missing for minor board wipe
Massacre Girl could be considered a minor board wipe