deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Boros Mentor midrange vs Control help  (Read 291 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
Boros Mentor midrange vs Control help
« on: November 20, 2018, 06:23:10 am »
Working on a Boros Mentor deck that I have been playtesting.  I have encorporated equipment in to bounce between Mentors so that they can continue growth.  So far, does well against aggro and midrange decks.  The trouble is, I have been encountering a lot of control decks that it just isn't matching up well against.  If I get Tajic and Shalai up, pure red control is done for.  It is Blue Red control and white blue Teferi I have had tye most problems with (just cannot keep my armies, they get wiped out).  Any ideas?

russpe

• Decks
Re: Boros Mentor midrange vs Control help
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 08:32:13 am »
Is your deck in modern or standart? Could you post a decklist?
Something like Adanto Vanguard or even Chance for Glory could work.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 06:18:25 am »
The deck is a standard build.  Only trouble with chance for glory is that it only gives you one last shot to win.  And it doesn't stop you from losing to an instant.  Make a Stand could work...

https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/1132752-boros-mentor-arena-deck/en

Cackling Jester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 07:30:21 am »
I wouldn't bother with Light of the Legion. It just isnt worth it. I suggest Militia bugler since it can hit most of the creatures in your deck including Aurelia.