deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Should I play my deck?  (Read 458 times)

zacem

• Decks
Should I play my deck?
« on: November 25, 2018, 04:09:12 am »
I have a deck that I love to play, it is not super good but it wins some of the time. The problem is that everyone else hates it. I have always said the best part about Magic is the community. I love sitting down across the table from someone that I don't know and just have a good time with them. That doesn't happen with my deck. What are your thoughts, should I change my deck for the good of the community, or let them get over it and enjoy what I have built?

InstaMix

• Decks
Re: Should I play my deck?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 04:12:21 am »
What format are you playing? And why do people hate it so much???

zacem

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 04:14:29 am »
Standard. I use squee and reassembling skeleton with some other cards to grind them to death. Even if they win, it takes them forever because I am constantly chump blocking and recurring my creatures.

InstaMix

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 11:00:09 pm »
Doesn't sound like a toxic deck at all, just grindy. If your play group hates it that much i guess it's your call as to what you want to do but i can't see why it would cause that big a problem, just sounds like a deck that requires a bit of thought to get around and beat, rather then just turning guys sideways. Unless there is people on the verge of leaving or just not playing you i wouldn't stop playing it if it's a deck you worked on and really enjoy playing. I stopped playing a Treasure's/Marionette Master based deck last standard because a lot of people at my LGS hated the burnt for 20+ off treasures out of nowhere and i regret it, i loved the deck and ended up not taking it to nationals because i stopped playing it so far out and wish i had of taken it instead of what i ended up taking. So like i said, unless its at the point where your LGS might suffer numbers wise i would keep playing it and just try to let the few that can't hack it not get to you.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 06:08:43 pm »
From the sounds of it they don't like it because the games take a while. Is it maybe that they want to get in more games and playing it hampers that?

Other than that it just sounds like people have a problem playing a grindout deck. Unless it's costing you friends or your LGS players, I wouldn't worry about it but maybe carry another deck as well if people that don't want to play against it are there.
This space for rent.