deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Combos in EDH  (Read 244 times)

zacem

• Decks
Combos in EDH
« on: December 12, 2018, 11:41:42 pm »
In my playgroup, a few of my commander decks have combo wins. After winning this way a few times my friends started to attack me over others just because they are afraid that I will win out of nowhere. They do this because my playgroup doesn't run very much removal, more threats than answers. Because of this I have taken all my combo wins out of my deck, even though everyone still has them.

What are your thoughts?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Combos in EDH
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 12:16:00 am »
If they don't use removal, I think Peacekeeper would really mess them up.

Don't be discouraged from using combos, they are a fair way of winning. Instead, you could try to convince your friends to use more removal. A well timed Vendetta or Nature's Claim can mess up many combos.

If they don't bother, then add more Pillow fort effects (Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Crawlspace).

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:41:27 am »
Just work your playgroup power level higher over time
Nils is the God I worship

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 10:19:26 am »
We got the same at our playgroup, at some point ppl learned to use some more removal. Maybe talk to them.

If that doesn't work, build up a pillowfort and combo then. that way you would force them to play more removal.
Peacekeeper, Lightmine Field, Propaganda, Crawlspace, Meekstone, Crackdown, Sphere of Safety, Baird, Steward of Argive, Magus of the Tabernacle, Grand Abolisher... There are alot of nice pillowfort cards.

An alternative to Combo would be hatebears. That archetype is not that combo dependant, but because of all the nasty effects, its another way to force your playgroup to include more removal.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.