deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Scion of the Ur Dragon Combo  (Read 287 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Scion of the Ur Dragon Combo
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:09:07 am »
Hello everyone. Quick rules question.

If I have Scion of the Ur-Dragon out and Atarka, World Render or another dragon that has a "when a dragon you control attacks" ability out and then I swing with Scion of the Ur-Dragon, I knew he gets double strike or whatever other trigger. But if I use his ability to find say
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon, I know Scion loses his copy ability, so does he lose double strike too since Scion is the one that got double strike and not Skittles? Or does the card get double strike when it attacks, allowing skittles to keep it?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:10:52 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Scion of the Ur Dragon Combo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 01:18:51 pm »
He's still the same card so he keeps double strike.
Nils is the God I worship

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 06:52:21 pm »
He's still the same card so he keeps double strike.

Thank you. Although I am not entirely sure why it keeps the double strike and not the copy ability? Perhaps it is because the creature has the copy ability, which goes away when it becomes a different creature, but the card gains double strike and it is always the same card?
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:26:03 pm »
Double strike is applied to the card it's not an ability printed on the card.
Nils is the God I worship

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:48:24 pm »
The double strike ability granted by Atarka is much more akin to an aura or an equipment (although it lasts only until end of turn), rather than a static ability of the card itself. 
This keeps all the following scenarios lined up:

1) You have Atarka and Shivan DragonShivan dragon attacks, gaining double strike.  Shivan Dragon becomes something else, say an opponent casts Turn to Frog on it.  The Frog Shivan Dragon still has double strike.

2) Scion has Fireshrieker attached to it (granting double strike).  Scion becomes a copy of another dragon.  Scion doesn't leave the battlefield, it just becomes a copy.  That dragon will still have Fireshrieker equipped and will still have double strike.

3) You have Scion and Atarka.  Scion swings, gaining double strike until end of turn from Atarka.  Scion becomes a copy of any other dragon.  It will still have double strike from the Atarka trigger.

Happy Brewing!  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)