deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Abzan Riches  (Read 240 times)

Sol-Bara11

• The Shifting Wastes are alive.
  • Decks
[Standard] Abzan Riches
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:15:40 am »
Abzan Riches

Revel in Riches in a Seleznya Tokens shell PLEASE HELP!!!

NathanJ

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Abzan Riches
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:59:15 pm »
I played around with the hand sims for a bit. I think the first and biggest problem I see is in the mana base. I know Memorial To Glory can be sacked to spawn tokens but it slows things down so much. I'd personally drop two of them at least and increase the number of Sunpetal Groves and Isolated Chapels specifically. That Centaur and March are hard to play without double-white mana and waiting on Memorial to untap is likely to cost you the game.

The second thing is that it may do well to look carefully at the early game, as that seems to be a weakness. It looks like the basic strategy here is going to end up being to weather the first three turns and then cast Ritual of Soot and try to stabilize after the fact. A lot of the general meta seems to be White or Red aggro, Mono-Blue Tempo... All fast decks that you have some answers for but I feel like you'll get overrun most times. Which is why I say it looks like this will end up the strategy since it's definitely not what you're trying to do. It also feels a little heavy on the four drops.

If there's anything I could suggest, it would be to drop a Revel or two and at least one Plunderer as well as Conclave Cavelier all together. Add a Ritual of Soot and see if you can work in Legion's Landing. The token it spawns is a turn one lifelinker and it flips later to become a token spawning land. It also may help to have another cheap pirate for the early game to synergize with Fathom Flert Captain. Dire Fleet Poisoner could be a good choice, or Grasping Scoundrel, but I almost thing Dire Fleet Hoarder would work best in this particular deck. These are just thoughts though, that I hope are in line with the strategy you're trying to make work. An alternative is to just go a more control-based route of running a lot of hand-hate and removal to disrupt the opponent's game plan in preparation of dropping your win conditions.

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 09:53:28 pm »
Thanks for the great advice, I'm glad you have so much to say about it!  Honestly, I'm just trying to look for a deck that Revel in Riches will work best in, and I thought with Plunderer and Ritual of Soot, I'd be able to get the win con for Revel easily.

I'm really just looking for a good possible place for Revel to consistently close out the game.  For now, I'll take your advice and adjust the deck accordingly, thanks for all the suggestions, they really helped!!!

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 01:35:39 am »