deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What MTG content to you watch on Youtube or listen to on podcasts?  (Read 3094 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Being out of work due to having surgery I've been watching a lot of content on youtube. Cmdr Vs, Command Zone, GameKnights, etc..

Are there any others you would recommend?
This space for rent.

ORCH1D

• Decks
Re: What MTG content to you watch on Youtube or listen to on podcasts?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 07:08:50 pm »
I watch mainly Tolarian Community College and MTG: Goldfish. If you like EDH, MTG: Goldfish have commander clash which I would recommend and TCC has many deck techs for commander. TCC have also reviewed many MTG products such as sleeves, deckboxes sealed products etc.

Recently I have been watching a lot of Magic Aids as well. Despite the name they are actually pretty good, and often come out with good decks.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:13:18 pm »
TCC is a good one. I love the Professor.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 12:45:34 am »
I like MTG Muddstah, he edits the game play so it's 15 to 20 minutes per episode and does 2 episodes per week
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Siberian89

• Geek Fanatico Caotico
    • Fanatismi di Siberian89
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 01:06:16 pm »
I usually watch TCC and The Command Zone but, if I may, I also have an Italian Youtube Channel where i publish a EDH deck tech every month.
It's an experiment, trying to get the mood right to maybe open a dedicate channel, but I will really appreciate if you would like to pass by and watch something :D
Siberian89 presenta secondo personale fanatica opinione geek tutto quello che divora nel suo tempo libero - https://siberian89.wordpress.com/

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 10:13:06 pm »
I usually watch TCC and The Command Zone but, if I may, I also have an Italian Youtube Channel where i publish a EDH deck tech every month.
It's an experiment, trying to get the mood right to maybe open a dedicate channel, but I will really appreciate if you would like to pass by and watch something :D

Is it in English or Italian?
This space for rent.

Siberian89

• Geek Fanatico Caotico
    • Fanatismi di Siberian89
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 10:40:14 am »
Is it in English or Italian?

I'm recording in Italian but i write here on deckstats the deck tech both in English and Italian :)
Siberian89 presenta secondo personale fanatica opinione geek tutto quello che divora nel suo tempo libero - https://siberian89.wordpress.com/

Michael Fenrir

• Im a filthy vagabond wizard and proud father!
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 06:27:35 pm »
Tolarian community college and Command Zone on YouTube for the most part!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 10:04:46 pm by Michael Fenrir »

superduperbeans

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 07:22:53 pm »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned TheManaSource yet lol Wedge is great. JumboCommander is great too, and does a lot of budget edh deck techs if that's your thing. If you're more interested in top 10's, Voidmage does a lot of those. And Aether hub focuses on the lore of various characters and planes

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 02:54:46 am »
JumboCommander was on Command Zone for a while with Jimmy out of the country filming Mulan. It got me into his content as well.
This space for rent.

theClownsChapter

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 12:05:53 pm »
I don't Watch or Play Commander at all so I'm focused on Constructed content.

YouTube:
Mining Modern on TCG Player
Star City Games Tournaments

Podcast:
The GAM Podcast
Pro Points Podcast

And some occasional Gossip Stuff from Alpha Investments or Desolator Magic.
My favorite things about Magic:
1. Whenever you cast...
2. Deals damage divided as you coose...

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 01:53:45 pm »
Thought it would be interesting to necro this thread and see where everyone was on this topic almost 3 years later, "post" pandemic.

I still find myself watching the Professor on TCC, Command Zone/Game Knights/Extra Turns though not as religiously, and have really came to love I Hate Your Deck. Cmdr Vs I still watch but as I think I mentioned somewhere else, I'm not as into it as I was previously (sometimes they're personal interactions just overshadow the game play too much for me). Jumbo Commander I'm kind of ehh on anymore.

I tried watching Nitpicking Nerds but IDK, I just can't get into it despite how much some of my friends rave about it.
This space for rent.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 02:14:24 pm »
Muddstah is still the same OG GOAT he was three years ago; solid content. Besides him, I pretty much only watch Commander Cookout (CCO) and I Hate Your Deck for EDH. For constructed I watch CovertGoBlue, because the meta discussions are so rich.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 04:14:39 pm »
Yes. "Casual MTG Decks" by Bram (ezqimo), who is here. It has lots of Tribal casualness that I much appreciate. Bram gives vouchers to applauding users and gave me such 1 or 2 years ago. Definitely I'd recommend him. Fantastic videos. Lots of humor and friendliness with flashbacks and cutouts. He has lovely assistants as well. I hope to "qualify" for another voucher, but it remains in the hands and will of Bram.
Regards:
Chavo
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 06:23:33 pm by Elan Morin Tedronai »

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2021, 07:16:37 pm »
I listen to the EDHRECast since they started. It's a fun and informative podcast, many times about trends that can be seen on the EDHREC site. I also listen to CMDRCentral, three friends that talk about commander, Dana is also in the EDHRECast.

On youtube I watch Game Knights, I hate your deck and Tolarian Community College. I discoverd the I hate your deck I show when the Professor was one of their guests. IHYD is one of the more amusing Commander shows I know off. I don't like MTGGoldfish as much, althougt I like the articles of Tomer on their site. And I like the episodes of Extra Turns more than the Game Knights episodes of late, those are too produced with all the talking about what happened and who did what. That's also why I have stopped listening to the Command Zone podcast, too much talk about theirselves and their sponsor deals in the show is what has put me off.

I definitely going to check MTGMuddstah again, but I think I have watched them and didn't like it very much.