deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Derevi  (Read 156 times)

ercjav66

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Derevi
« on: December 06, 2018, 12:25:52 pm »
Derevi

Let me know of any suggestions. I really enjoy coming up with new strategies for this commander.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Derevi
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 04:16:21 pm »
Step 1: it looks like you need a win condition. The best one for Derevi is using cards like Winter Orb or Static Orb to make things harder for your opponents. But you said you like coming up with new strategies, so tell me what you would like to do.

Step 2: Optimize mana base. You have cards like Tropical island and Calciform Pools. Those storage lands are pretty bad, so you would be better off with Adarkar Wastes, Brushland, and Yavimaya Coast (collectively called the pain lands). You have some good mana ramp cards (Birds of Paradise), but you could add a few more like Bloom Tender, Fellwar Stone, and the Talismans and Signets in your colors.

Step 3: What's your budget? You have cards like Gaea's Cradle and Commander's Sphere. It's making it a little difficult to gauge your budget, so recommendations will be wonky.

After this, we can work on supporting cards and meta assessment.

ercjav66

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Derevi
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:19:24 am »
Thanks for your reply! I will address your suggestions by the steps you listed:

Step 1: I know winter orb and static orb are the usual win condition cards for this commander but I don't find it fun to play with and neither do my friends that I usually play against. I'm definitely open to other suggestions and I will try looking for other options as well.

Step 2: I will probably keep Tropical Island but will be taking off Calciform Pools for on of the land cards you suggested. Also, Bloom Tender is, or should be, in the deck already. I will take a look at the artifacts that you suggested.

Step 3: This deck is to play with friends on Cockatrice so I don't have a budget. However, my friends and I try to stay away from really broken cards to keep it more fair since we aren't worried about card costs.

I would love any additional help and any other suggestions to help make a more original Derevi EDH deck. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance. I look forward to your reply. I am still pretty new to making my own decks so feel free to recommend any fun and/or interesting ideas that can be added to this deck. :)