deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Yeva Draw-Grow Combo (Win on any Turn; w/Guide)  (Read 3243 times)

Inkmoth

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Yeva Draw-Grow Combo (Win on any Turn; w/Guide)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 06:27:10 pm »
Yes I did, the issue with that in my particular build is that I only chain spells when I'm closing out the game with a bouncer, which theoretically means I could have won with any other outlet that allows me to draw out the deck since bounces of that fashion usually come in tandem with infinite mana.

Now, I could see it being worth while when I have a lot of mana or turn untappers, but vomitting 11 plus spells usually means I'm winning through other means as the deck intends making this a superfluous wincon.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 11:29:06 pm »
How does bouncing and infinitely casting spells win you the game without Reservoir
Nils is the God I worship

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 01:12:44 am »
Have you read the guide in the link? It goes into great deal and might add more context to everything being said.

Whenever I can facilite a play the could use Reservoir to end, the deck is in a stage in the game where it can win without it. Which makes it superfluous.

I feel like there's some level of miscommunication or my information is being inadequately conveyed. I just want to make you get that I understand exactly how reservoir wins, but any time the deck can pull it off it already wins through other means.

Here's the link in case you might've overlooked it:
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fully-optimized-yeva/

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 01:26:10 am »
I understand that you loop creatures infinitely and then win with X wincon. But what if you have a loop but not a wincon?

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 01:32:49 am »
That's a bit Batman-ish and well inline with my way of thinking. I get stuck in this loop of what if X happen so I should have Y. My loop options are Fierce Empath(Brutalizer), Brutilizer, Patron/Visionary/Wall of Blossom, Duskwatch, Eternal witness (Beast With/Benefactors). If that all fails it's basically paranoia to add a win more....

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 01:51:15 am »
But with Reservoir u can literally loop anything and win. Llanowar Elves could win the game.

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 02:03:57 am »
How would I approach this?
Earthcraft is one haste enabler already in the deck.
Concordant Crossroads would be another enchantment I would need to add.
Thousand Eye Elixir would be the last.

I can't even begin to process what to take out to facilitate Reservoir let alone the card itself. This seems like a deviation from a strat that's been hella consistent for me, so please help figure out what would be the most adequate things swap outs?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 04:16:00 am »
Hella consistent win on turn 6 or 7 doesn't strike me as an indicator for the best the deck can be. I would recommend running Marwyn or Selvala, but I understand that defeats the purpose. Sorry if I don't answer your question for a bit, I'm likely going over the list and reworking stuff lol. Right now it really feels like a Marwyn deck that doesn't run Marwyn, though.

Also don't say in ur primer that it's not cEDH!  ;D just because it doesn't keep up with Selvala or Marwyn doesn't mean it's not in line with what cEDH tries to do!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:24:06 am by Soren841 »

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 05:28:30 am »
Well, because it isn't cEDH nor am I trying to pass it off as one. Does it try to do what cEDH decks do? Yes. Does it do it as effectively, most definitely not.

Thousand Year Elixer is the most compelling addition that could in turn facilitate reservoir and I'll put it in the prospective pile, but the more I commit to non creatures the less consistent the primary strategies become and the more I stray from an otherwise consistent strategy.

I wanted to play Yeva and I brewed her for months on end and ended up with this, it's worked amazingly and given its power in comparison to its colleagues it's been an absolute blast to play. Do I want to take it further? Hell yeah, I just don't think Resorvoir is that avenue but I'll try and work it into the deck and let you know how it goes. Thanks for opening my eyes to a strategy that's been under my nose that could now consider.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 05:46:02 am »
I mean ur goal is high power. As Yeva is likely unable to go past that level, achieving it would qualify as cEDH imo

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 06:06:10 am »
However, High Power is the tier right underneath cEDH. That's as far as I believe she'll ever make it and I also believe she's not quite there, maybe I do need Reservoir to get it there, but right now I'm more excited for what Allegiance might bring us. Since that will have Gruul and Simic.

One day I'll look at reservoir in a different light and as a necessity. Don't mistake my end of it as being stubborn, I'm quite aware of how strong it is and I would love to have it, but as you said, I need a haste enabler so with it comes Concordant and Thousand Year and right now the list is very tight on slots to include yet another combo and not to mention that this combo needs the main bounce combos to be established to go off since I have no way of actually storming off without infinite bounces.

Thanks a lot though, you're the first person to challenge me to such an extent that I started to re-think my stance.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:11:45 am by Inkmoth »

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 12:33:30 pm »
yw. Also the competitive tier and cEDH are not the same lol, a lot of people play high power decks

Soren841

• Decks

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 03:29:11 pm »
So this gives u Memory Jar loops, Beast Within Loops (often can combine the 2), and just Reservoir + cast 11 spells. Root Maze doesn't hurt u much either   ;)

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 07:22:03 pm »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!