deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Yeva Draw-Grow Combo (Win on any Turn; w/Guide)  (Read 3242 times)

Inkmoth

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Yeva Draw-Grow Combo (Win on any Turn; w/Guide)
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 08:39:09 pm »
Wow, that's so awesome!! Thank you very much! :D

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2018, 03:43:17 pm »
I don't like adding so much removal, because you start running out of options and have to run bad spells. Have you considered Heritage Druid
Nils is the God I worship

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2018, 03:48:29 pm »
Before I could consider Heritage Druid, I had to consider Birchlore Rangers and boy was he bad. Can't imagine how difficult it would be to get three elves that aren't already mana dorks just to tap for heritage. This deck has an Elf sub-theme, yes, but they're not as consistent as you might think, hence the Ambush commander for the blow outs. As for my choice to add removal, the stuff removed was gimmicky and non impactful whereas my new choices for removal get rid of problematic things that were shutting me down. The overall deck has improved drastically in terms of consistency and sneaking in wins when you least expect them, but I couldn't before due to my inability to get rid of stuff like Linvala/Cursed Totem.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2018, 03:51:47 pm »
Ambush commander seems really bad honestly, I'd just remove it for something better. My eyes r dialated rn so I can barely read I'll look at the updated list later lol.

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2018, 04:01:13 pm »
Everyone assumes he's bad for some reason, but when Priest of Titania can go from a 2 mana dork to a 6-8 mana producer in the blink of an eye you start realizing how strong he is. Remember his biggest downside is mitigated by Yeva's ability to bring him in when you least expect him, he blows up out of control with Cradle, Great Oak/Benefactor's Draught, Priest of Titania/Elvish Archdruid, and Regal Force. I play this deck against varying matchups against highly tuned decks that win just as fast if not faster and Ambush has been a house almost always and the few times I didn't need him, I had a Survival or a Fauna to pitch him.  He 'seems' bad, trust me.... but he's never out on the field unless I am winning, so if fear for my lands being popped is a the concern, worry not.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2018, 04:06:32 pm »
I feel like you should go harder on the elf theme. Elves in general have a lot of synergy with what your deck is trying to do, and the elf tribal synergies are some of the strongest tribal synergies in magic

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »
On that note it seems counter-intuitive to remove an elf. I hope you know that Ambush Commander is effectively the deck's version of Avenger of Zendikar/Hornet Queen. For 2 mana less he bolsters my elf count ridiculously and at instant speed helps literally everything in the deck that benefits a from  having 4-5 Green Elf mana dorks out of no where. I feel like this is one of those cards you can't look at through the lense of a traditional green deck. As for dipping into the elf theme more than I already have, I keep trying to wedge them in, but at one point my hands are tied. Adding more elves for the sake of becoming more tribal starts infringing on the combo elements deeply rooted in the deck's card selection.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2018, 04:19:15 pm »
They help the combo part though, that's what elves do lol. I just dont like Ambush Commander's effect for his cost. Heritage Druid is better than Birchlore Rangers bc even though it's 1 more elf, it's more mana per elf and they both bypass summoning sickness 🤷‍♂️ I'll go through ur list and see if I can't suggest more elves lol.

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2018, 04:23:44 pm »
It's gonna be a hard sell, but by all means, good sir! Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2018, 04:34:18 pm »
Why not Root Maze?

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2018, 04:37:07 pm »
One Stax piece? Seems like a huge deviation from what I am trying to do. I think I would need more Stax in the deck to make it make sense. Also, remember, this isn't Yisan, the Wanderer Bard. I don't have value in the command zone, just a Vedalken Orrery with flash.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2018, 04:38:37 pm »
It barely touches you, and if you remove fetches it touches you even less. It also majorly screws 90% of cEDH rn. I would consider it

Inkmoth

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2018, 04:45:59 pm »
cEDH decks destroy me lol. Stopping them is not in my agenda, even in the slightest. For that I have my Yisan, the Wanderer Bard deck modeled after Shapersavant's list http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wanderers-song/. While the fetches are pretty niche, they have helped me more than I could remember them screwing me over (if at all tbh), I prefer to have a way to tutor for Dryad Arbor.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 04:51:11 pm »
By cEDH I don't mean tier 1 I mean cEDH in general 🙄