deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Death Wish Rulling  (Read 268 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Death Wish Rulling
« on: December 09, 2018, 04:17:35 pm »
Okay so I know in a tournament game "outside the game" means sideboard, and in a casual game it literally means any card you own from outside the game, so I guess my question is more about the banned list. If you're playing commander, what exactly does it mean that Emrakul, the Aeons Torn is banned? He cannot be in the deck and cannot command a deck,  I know that, but can he be fetched with a card like death wish and then cast? Obviously it is up to the play group in a casual format, but it takes the fun out of using a card like death wish for the first time if they know I have it. Also my play group generally adheres to official rulings. Except Sorin Markov. They don't allow him, but I never hear complaints about my magister sphinx that I play with.

Thank you.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Death Wish Rulling
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:30:58 pm »
He is banned from the format  ::) that would include this situation, yes
Nils is the God I worship

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 04:57:59 pm »
The official rules for Commander also do not permit the wishes to function at all.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 09:10:09 pm »
Part of the social contract of EDH is your playgroup can agree on changes that fit your groups desirable atmosphere better but it's done ahead of time. This sounds like you're trying to sneak something in on them that hasn't been previously agreed to.

I'm sorry but if it was a game I was in and you cast a wish card without it being something that the group had discussed and agreed to ahead of time, you just spent mana to cast something with no resolution.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:15:43 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.