deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: WBG Doran, the Siege Tower - Comments  (Read 211 times)

Comment Bot

WBG Doran, the Siege Tower - Comments
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:41:42 pm »
WBG Doran, the Siege Tower

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: WBG Doran, the Siege Tower - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:41:43 pm »
Hmm.. what about replacing Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse with Exotic Orchard and Fellwar Stone? This should speed up the deck a little.
Sol Ring is nearly a must have for EDH. Is there a reason why it isn't included?

In addition to Crackdown you could also add Meekstone.

If you have got problematic Commanders in your playgroup, you could try to shut them down with Darksteel Mutation. At least in my Playgroup this is more effective than removing them.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Avis

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 12:52:12 pm »
Thanks for the comment! :)

Our house rules ban Sol Ring and Cyclonic Rift in addition to the official list.

You're definitely right about Meekstone. That was a bit of a budget omission since Crackdown provides a similar effect. Woulkd definitely add that one in for an optimal list though.

Orchard seems fine, but the deck runs quite a lot of double-colored-cost cards, so I'm not sure if one less tapped land is worth the risk of not being able to produce white or black.

Darksteel Mutation is a great card, could defintiely see running that over one of the more suboptimal removal choices.

Not the biggest fan of Mana Rocks in G-based decks because stuff like Bane of Progress is running wild in my playgroup. I'd consider adding Edge of Autumn for more consistent T2 landramp or Utopia Sprawl / Wild Growth for a T2 Doran first, if 37 lands turns out to be one too many.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 04:45:15 pm »
Well, the Orchard always depends on your playgroup, but in a game with 3+ Opponents, you should usually have some1 playing black and white.

With alot of mass artifact hate, mana rocks seems to be a bad idea. Sylvan Caryatid could be an alternative then. If you need more color fixing, Joiner Adept could help.

/edit: if you got some money to spend, the battlebond lands like Bountiful Promenade could speed up the deck.

/edit2: just checked, Bountiful Promenade is the only battlebond land that fits into your deck.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:51:04 pm by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.