deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: kaalia - Comments  (Read 385 times)

Comment Bot

kaalia - Comments
« on: December 11, 2018, 07:57:31 pm »
kaalia

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Chance c9

• Decks
Re: kaalia - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 07:57:33 pm »
Does anyone have any recommendations on what to cut?

Ryad

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 08:42:58 pm »
Some of the cards I wouldn't use are Chaos Warp (it's very bad, you may change a good card of your opponent to a better card), Karakas (because it's NOT LEGAL in EDH), Living Death (this card is for a deck based in graveyard), Sower of Discord (a 6/6 flying with CMC 6 that gives you the hate of all your opponents? No thanks), Hellkite Tyrant (this dragon is good only if you have a lot of artifacts, you have many, but there are better things in the deck)

Chance c9

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 09:22:56 pm »
thanks

BSTCloud

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 12:45:39 am »
I strongly disagree with Chaos War being bad, it's by no means perfect but removing any kind of unconditional permanent on the spot is very powerful. These kinds of cards you only play on emergency situations anyways. It's not like you're removing your opponent's 2 drop with it.

Hellkite Tyrant is not supposed to win you the game but to steal other player's rocks and whatnot and weaken their manabase.

Sower of Discord is very powerful as well.

Ryad

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 08:33:26 am »
You use Chaos Wrap to remove a creature and your opponent may recive a better creature or a planeswalker. Do you need an unconditional permanent removal? This deck may use White and Black cards, you may use Vindicate, same CMC, destroys any permanent (including lands), and you don't give your opponent anything. I have won matches only because my opponent used a Chaos Wrap and give me a win condition. So no, Chaos Wrap is not a good card.

I agree that Hellkite Tyrant is a good creature, but there are better creatures (because this dragon is more about other kind of deck) and it is necessary reduce the number of cards. If you have no problem to include new cards, it's a good card, but if you need to cut some cards, there are better things in the deck.

Sower of Discord is very powerfull? Are you serious? This card is as bad that it should be uncommon or even common. 6/6 flying that cost 4BB. Not very good, there are better creatures. Oh, but it has an ability, we should analize it. If you play 1 Vs 1, it's nearly unplayable because you must choose yourself, so every time you damage your opponent, you will loose the same life. Ok, think about you are playing aganist 2 other players. So, you have 2 opponents, and you choose them to the ability. Then the ability is even worse, everytime each your opponents damages the other opponent, they will loose the same amount of life, so what do you think that are going to happen? Your two opponents will attack you and only you, because if they attacks the other player, they will loose life, and if they attack you, they won't loose life.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:23:28 pm »
Well, Chaos Warp may be a good emergency card, yes. But With Madru you have access to Black and White, which offers better options. Ryad already suggested 1 of them, Vindicate. Its a little more difficult to play, because you need 2 colored mana in stead of 1, but on the other side, it has no bad effects. Chaos warp can help alot, but it can also make the board state even worse.

Hellkite Tyrant can be useful in a Deck, that isn't focussed on artifacts, but this depends much on the meta. If there are alot of artifact heavy decks in your playgroup he is a very great pick.

I like Sower of Discord, but this again depends on the meta. in a 2 or 3 Player match hes a bad option, but with 4 or more players its entirely different.

Since your plaing Archfiend of Despair, what about adding  Havoc Festival as alternate win con? With both on the field, every opponent loses the game at his next endstep, unless he removes 1 of the cards.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Chance c9

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 02:31:24 pm »
judaspreister that is a nasty little combo and i love it lol

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 03:16:57 pm »
judaspreister that is a nasty little combo and i love it lol

I'm glad I could help.  :)

Btw, if sacrifice effects are a problem in your playgroup, Assault Suit could help, especially in non-green decks.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Hyedris

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 07:37:22 pm »
Sower of Discord is not a good card, BUT. It is a great card in Kaalia decks. Don't look at its cost, as Kaalia will drop it for free. When you are dominating the board with flying creatures, dropping Sower of Discord and killing two opponents with a single combat is 10/10.

If this deck is oriented to 1v1 obviously don't use it :)