deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My plains deck  (Read 217 times)

The_casual_player

• Decks
My plains deck
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:52:22 am »
Hey, I don’t have anyone I currently play against on a regular basis. Today I added my plains/lifelink deck. Can someone check it out and offer feedback? I’m a self-taught magic player (been about 7 years). Thanks! 8)

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: My plains deck
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:53:00 am »
Hmm.. I would take a look at it, but a Link to the Deck would be useful. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

The_casual_player

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:21:57 pm »
oh, lol im new here. sorry guys! heres the link :https://deckstats.net/decks/121210/1157657-righteousness/en

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 10:47:58 pm »
You're also going to have to make it a public deck, instead of a hidden deck.

The_casual_player

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 01:19:19 am »
Ok, so my deck should be Public. Link is above. Feed back is appreciated. Sorry if cards aren’t in any particular order, I’m new here so I don’t know all the tricks and such on this site.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 11:52:37 am »
Okay, im usually only playing EDH/Commander, but I think i can still make some recommendations.

First of all, it seems like your deck feels lacking focus. Its usually better to do one thing and do this right, in stead of trying this and that.

A good Example for this is Wake the Reflections. Why is this Card in the deck? I've noticed no token Production. another bad card seems Phyrexian Hulk, since its just a 5/4 for 6 mana. You can do much more 6 mana, even on a low budget.
Then I've noticed alot of defender cards. Yes, they may be nice to stop enemy creatures, but why you want to do this? i haven't noticed an alt win con, you are waiting for.
Gilded Lotus may be fine for some decks, if you need color fixing or a high amount of colored mana. But if none of this 2 conditions are met, its just a bad card because it slows you down alot. If you need some Ramp, try Marble Diamond or Gold Myr. They "just" produce 1 mana, but you can get them out at turn 2, in stead of turn 5-7.

If you want to keep your defenders, you could try playing Felidar Sovereign. He allows you to win by getting a huge amount of life.
If you want some cheap life gain (mana wise) you could try Soul Warden or Suture Priest. unless you need the 2/3 body, they may be better than Healer of the Pride.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

The_casual_player

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 09:13:46 pm »
I have had some decent games with this deck, depends on what I pull. my goal is to gain a ton of lifelink. the point  of the defenders is to prevent damage to me so I have time to use lifelink creatures. I can definitely tweak my deck but I dont have anyone to play against at the moment. Wake the Reflections is in this deck so I can get a copy of one of my lifelink creatures (hopefully after boosting up with power/defense). I think I had added Phyrexian Hulk for it's 5/4 feature, but I can check out other creatures with similar power/defense and an ability. thanks :)