deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Jeskai Control - Comments  (Read 364 times)

Comment Bot

Jeskai Control - Comments
« on: December 29, 2018, 03:52:34 pm »
Jeskai Control

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

snapStar

• Decks
Re: Jeskai Control - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 03:52:38 pm »
hi.
nice list.
do you have some expirience with this list? what are good and bad match ups?
so, you have a lot of spotremovel. is Terminus more important than supreme verdict?! it costs a lot of Cards..jace..opt..Terminus..and with jace earliest in turn5. one turne later than verdict.
is it not more effective to Play Mainboard 2 settle the wreckage instead of 4 Terminus and 4 opt ?

greeeeeets

Dr. Pavid

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 10:21:27 pm »
Hey,

I've been playing with Supreme Verdict for a while, and tried Settle the Wreckage, but hadn't played enough with it. My small experience with Settle was better than with Verdict, mainlly cause I'm playing it during my opponent's turn and allowed me slamming Teferi safely. About Opt, I've never been really satisfied with Serum Visions' sorcery speed, and, since I was having some nice runs with Opt, I'm trying Terminus and Jace now. Maybe 4 copies of Terminus isn't the right number, but I must test it first (I believe the 3 is ideal, but I want to feel how the card plays, so I've added the fourth copy).
I haven't played with this version of Jeskai Control yet, I was watching some league of this list on youtube yesterday and thought about making some changes on my list (which was not up to date here :P ).

Good math ups:
UW Control (Jeskai is faster than it, Bolt Snap Bolt gives you some advantage)
Affinity/Hardened Scales (you can easily control the board)
Storm (don't let Goblin/Baral on the table and you are usually good)
Humans (since you are playing different spot removals it's hard to your opponent to know what to name with Mage, they run out of gas fast)
BG Rock/Jund (keep Bob/Tracker off the table, azcanta shines in this match up)

Bad match ups:
Dredge (fast and unfair, RIP was usually too slow and opponent always had the Claim)
Ad nauseam (Pact of Negation always gets you)
Hollow One (fast and unfair)
Mardu Pyromancer (Disruption + Blood Moon, not sure how it will be since I've added two more basics, hope turning it into an okay match)
Tron (suddenly... you are the aggro, run Snapcaster on turn two and start the beatdown)

snapStar

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 04:45:13 pm »
hey.
your discrubtion for the matchUps. i agree with you.
for Dredge.. now the new ur Phönix / red Phönix deck in the meta. a god Card against both is ANGER OF THE GODS. better than rest in peace because they cant handle this sorcery.

for graveyard i Play surgical extraction. it is vs tron good ,too . try to destroy a tronLand with field of ruin, end of draw surgical this land.
and rest in peace is bad for our 4copies of snapcaster mage and logic knot and azcanta. i think it doesnt work together with our Mainboard Cards.

i test Terminus in weekly modern in the City Dortmund and Bottrop (Germany). 5-0 , 4-2-1. But in UW only. not in jeskai.
i test a lot of jeskai Options. and in my opinions settle the wreckage was the best. and it is easy to cast. you dont have to think : shit..how can i Play Terminus so early i can!?

snapStar

• Decks

Dr. Pavid

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:14:29 am »
Hey,
Good call on Anger of the Gods, but I've been thinking about how flexible my mana base is and I'm not sure if it's able to get the second red mana soon enough. Also I'm not sure if it's worth bringing more board wipes oder than Settle the Wreckage (which also exiles, but it is a turn slower).

I believe that it wouldn't be so hard casting the terminus, having the complete set of snapcaster mage allows me not only recasting my burn spells, but also casting opt during my opponent's turn. But let's do some maths :)

First let's consider that I won't draw more than a card per turn (not ideal), that I'll hit all my land drops until the fourth turn and I won't draw Terminus before turn 3 or 4 (trying to simplify the mathematics).

Then, let's consider that I'll keep only hands without a Terminus (7 cards = 60.0%, 6 cards = 65.9%, 5 cards = 69.9%), since I believe I'll be not keeping less than 5 cards at my opening hand, my total amount of hand without a terminus is 95,9% = 1 - (1 - 0.600)*(1 - 0.659)*(1 - 0.699).

Having 4 copies of Terminus gives me about 8,0% chance of hitting it naturaly by turn 3 or 4; having azcanta by turn 2 (28.0%) gives me a chance of 16.8% by turn 4; casting opt during my opponent turn (52.8%) gives a chance of 16.1% of hitting it by those same turn; casting a snapcaster mage (60.1% since I cast opt once) targeting opt (52.8%) during my opponent 4th turn gives me a chance of 16.8%. Adding it all together we have 24.6%  chance of hitting it off the top by turn 3 or 4, while having 2 Settle the wreckage and no opts means 30.8% of the games casting settle by turn 4.

So, I believe you are right. If I didn't made any mistake mathing (hope not that many), it is more effective playing 2 mainboard settle instead of 4 terminus. Perhaps even 3 Settle the Wreckage (42.7%) would be better when expecting a meta with lots of dredge and phoenix.

Thanks for opening my mind! :D

snapStar

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 09:16:11 am »
hey,
thx for your answer. it looks good.
i played a lot of jeskai control. and the horrible mu are ad nauseum, storm and everything with urzas Tower.
so iam thinking about somehing to beat them. what do u think about 3 throught the breach and 3 emrakul, the aeons torn ?
you put some planswalker out and so on for the combo after sideboarding. you have counter and cantrips till turn5. till then you have bolt, electrolyze or something else for making 5dmg before emrakul starts.

the bad thing is: it needs 6 sideboard slots............

Dr. Pavid

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 03:22:49 am »
hey,
sorry for the waiting, I've just moved in my new place and only now I had the time to properly answer you.

I don't believe that through the breach + emrakul, the aeons torn would help you in those match ups. Ad nauseam and Storm would finish the game long before you could cast TTB, and both decks run some kind of counterspell if you try to out race them (Pact of Negation or Remand at maindeck and Negate, Dispel or Swan Songs at sideboard). Also I do believe that adding 3 Emrakul would significantey make your draws worse on those games. I prefer having counterflux, negate, dispel, damping sphere and even maybe surgical extraction on the sideboard for those matches (but not only for those).

Counterflux is guaranteed to stop the ad nauseam and storm (only not true if your opponent have a Remand targeting their own grapeshot or empty the warrens, maybe they don't realize they are able to do so), damping sphere is a great way of gaining time against those decks (they are faster than you, time is nice :) ), negate and dispel give you some chance at stopping the combo and surgical deals with Past in Flames and also with a countered Ad nauseam or grapeshot.

Against tron I like bringing almost the same package, only changes would be bringing Ceremonious Rejection (maybe I should add a third copy to the side) over dispel and surgical extraction. Though the plan for winning is far different from when playing against Ad nauseam or Storm. While you need to stop those combo once or twice, tron would be constantly throwing fatties at you. At the same time you want to disrupt your tron opponent, you must apply some form of preasure. As I've said before, run your snapboy on turn two and start attacking, you may be wasting card advantage, but if you are going to lose against tron, you will lose with plenty of cards in your hand.

Still haven't found a better way of dealing with tron. Also I don't play many field of ruin so surgical could become relevant, I thought about adding a third field, but my mana base would be far less consistent. Furthermore, sideboardwise, I believe that ceremonious rejection is the best thing to bring in.