deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Gishath, Elder Dinosaur Highlander - Comments  (Read 783 times)

Comment Bot

Gishath, Elder Dinosaur Highlander - Comments
« on: January 07, 2019, 04:30:24 pm »
Gishath, Elder Dinosaur Highlander

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

IzzetBoi

• No way like the Izzet way
  • Decks
Re: Gishath, Elder Dinosaur Highlander - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 04:30:32 pm »
0/10 I wish Dino-Daddy was the father of my children so that they could also be completely broken with just one block featuring them, with a infinite amount of support by the R&D department, and able to spit in the face of every other tribe because it's your fault if you dont like playing dinos. 

Wienerschnitzl91

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 08:15:48 pm »
Nice Deck, you can try the new Domri from War of the Spark! He’s static ability is better than from the other Domri’s +1!

Leuname

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 09:13:43 am »
Nice Deck, you can try the new Domri from War of the Spark! He’s static ability is better than from the other Domri’s +1!

Maybe you won't believe this, but I was literally thinking about it last evening! I have a copy of "Domri Rade" but i admit that is not very synergetic, and after a look on Scryfall I saw other candidates for his place: for example, as well as "Domri, Anarch of Bolas", another interesting one is "Domri, Chaos Bringer" or even "Samut, the Tested" for the double strike!

captN Stabb1n

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 10:56:55 pm »
Great work on the deck, I’ve built one myself with a double strike and MLD subtheme to control the board and out value my opponents.

Btw have you considered frontier siege over knight of the stampede? It nets you 2 forests 2nd main phase and 2 + 2 forests each turn following (1st and 2nd main phases, this making it twice the mana value)!

Leuname

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 12:01:08 pm »
Great work on the deck, I’ve built one myself with a double strike and MLD subtheme to control the board and out value my opponents.

Btw have you considered frontier siege over knight of the stampede? It nets you 2 forests 2nd main phase and 2 + 2 forests each turn following (1st and 2nd main phases, this making it twice the mana value)!

Sorry for the late response, I prefer to maintain more Dino-sinergy as possible, so I cut off most of the combat tricks and enchantments!
For the substitution of Knight of the Stampede with Frontier Siege, I already had an idea of change him 'cause is a Human for another mana Dino or so, but now we've solved it thanks to Marauding Raptor!

nv77

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 04:00:32 am »
Hello, I'm currently constructing a Gishath Deck, and stumble onto your version.  Care to explain why you took out Smothering Tithe? From what I've seen that is the card that allows multiple decks to go from lots of mana to TONS of mana, which would allow for multiple Gishath casts.

Any opininon on The Great Henge,  and Return of the Wildspeaker? They seem good additions from Eldraine.

Leuname

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 10:37:08 am »
Hello, I'm currently constructing a Gishath Deck, and stumble onto your version.  Care to explain why you took out Smothering Tithe? From what I've seen that is the card that allows multiple decks to go from lots of mana to TONS of mana, which would allow for multiple Gishath casts.

Any opininon on The Great Henge,  and Return of the Wildspeaker? They seem good additions from Eldraine.

Hi there, thank you very much for the response and the really interesting questions; I'm glad you asked 'cause I'm always open to tips and new ideas! I made these choices primarily for two reasons: my playgroup and my budget. Starting with Return of the Wildspeaker, very flexible instant to catch off-guard your opponents and AGAIN card advantage, I still have thoughts because I don't know what to cut from my list (Overwhelming Stampede?) but I encourage you to put it in yours. Then, The Great Henge is just an amazing card, perfect for casting it for only GG after Gishath, giving you mana AND card advantage, I'm waiting only for the price to drop a little (like my hopes for a cheap Mirari's Wake...). Finally, on Smothering Tithe and partially on the previous enchantment, my 5 friends/opponents -and anyone else I suppose- don't particularly like being outvalued and destroyed, so in the exact moment that card hits the table the game turns in Archenemy mode. I still play it in my Varina deck for the lack of ramp and is simply absurd, a must for every list with white in it, but in this case I can survive without it!