deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Coffee Jitters  (Read 141 times)

Rukak

• Decks
[Standard] Coffee Jitters
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:03:47 pm »
Coffee Jitters

This deck is pretty straightforward, burn your opponent and swing as fast as possible. We are attempting to cast between seven and ten spells as quickly as possible to win the game, which makes our punisher cards more effective than usual. If they give us three cards, those cards can deal up to nine damage, if they don't they take four damage from one card which is still more than acceptable when we have twelve "bolts" if you count Lightning Strike. Experimental Frenzy adds to our card advantage which layers on the damage until we win. The sideboard is to transition us to a more grindy midrange deck if we need more longevity for whatever reason.

Deck needs testing to be fine tuned, but I wanted to see if we can't predict the meta for RNA standard. Do you think Rakdos is back on top? Let me know your ideas and see if we can't smooth this deck out by Grand Prix season!

TheBeefCanoe

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Coffee Jitters
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 10:03:24 pm »
Love this deck, but I'm not sure if it's worth splashing black just for Sword-Point Diplomacy. It's a great card but doesn't work well with Experimental Frenzy. I think this would be more efficient and consistent as a mono-red, with maybe Risk Factor or a creature like Goblin Chainwhirler in the 3-drop spot instead. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it works though!

Rukak

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Coffee Jitters
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 11:13:05 pm »
I was wanting more positive net card draw and to open up my sideboard options so I ran black. Sword-Point Diplomacy and Risk Factor go together really well and I want every card in the deck to represent immediate damage or draw into immediate damage. The deck is very focused which is why Frenzy isn't a full playset (I just wanted more card draw) and I skipped chainwhirler altogether, though Chainwhirler may make a strong sideboard option steering away from the transitional sideboard. As soon as this drops on arena, I'm going to blow my wildcards and start testing the hell out of it. I think Rakdos Aggro is back on top after the season starts.