deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: General Site Error reporting  (Read 3909 times)

ASyD

• Decks
General Site Error reporting
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:28:59 pm »
Hello
Ive been experiencing serious functinality issues with DeckStats (past two days and counting)... the builder app to be more specific.
As I don't know what alternatie channel to use to report this I decided to start this thread.

Here it goes:
  • Upon opening the main page of the deckbuilder I get the following error message/alert: Error! Could not parse cards list...
  • When trying to edit an existing deck (or trying to save a new one) list (on the deck analyzer page) I get the following error: JSON Parser error - unexpected nonwhitespace character after JSON data

Does this also happen for other people or is it just me?

Nils

• Decks
Re: General Site Error reporting
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:42:32 pm »
It does not occur for me and I have not heard of it before, so it might be something specific to your computer. Which browser (Firefox/Chrome/Opera/IE) are you using? Could you check if it occurs with all of them or one specific one?

ASyD

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:20:17 am »
Im using FF 19.0.2
After clearing my browser cache the aforementioned issues are gone... I can work with the deck builder again.

A third issue (havent mentioned that one yet) still persists, though...

When I hover over a card item - which should display that card's face - I get a 'sorry. could not find this card in the DB' error message instead.

This, however, is a minor issue for me.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:00:32 pm »
It's still pretty strange that you are getting these errors. Does it work with other browsers?

Is anybody else experiencing these problems?

Black Egg

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 06:07:14 pm »
The deck analyze tool isn't recognizing the fuse cards right (or I'm doing it wrong). When I enter:

2 Flesh // Blood

the system picks up flesh, but not Blood and it doesn't show the art. Am I doing it wrong?

a_m_a_t

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »
I am having the same problem with my cube list.

It keeps auto-correcting Turn // Burn to Turn.
I've also tried it as Turn/Burn without success.
Fire // Ice is right next to it and works fine so I assume it's just a problem with the Fuse cards.

Nils

• Decks
Split cards should now be working properly again!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 10:27:05 pm »
Split cards should now be working properly again, sorry for the recent issues! If you still notice anything off please let me know.

Alucard Zeayon

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:37:06 pm »
Hi !

Do you know that "Card Type Distribution" in "Deckbuilder" is erroneous ?
For example, it shows me 36% of lands and 34% of creatures but I actually have 25 lands and 26 creatures in this deck.

Thank for the good work !  8)

Alucard Zeayon

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 08:55:15 am »
Hello ! :)

OK, understood the problem of my previous post : some creatures are "enchantment creature" and are counted as enchantments in charts and as creatures in "interactive" deck listing.  8)

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »
Hi, thank you for reporting this! Could you please send me an example deck list with which this problem occurs?

Alucard Zeayon

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »
Hi !  :)

Here it is : http://deckstats.net/decks/910/38656-enchantment-vs-creature-type.
Seems to be the same consideration for "artifact creature".

billy.white

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 12:05:20 am »
I created a cube list largely based on someone else's list and wanted to link back to the original list in my description. I believe that if there's a (deckstats.net only?) URL in the description field, when you view the page, it continuously reloads/appends the deck list. Something else weird is going on with the UI buttons, seems they're getting a new wrapper or something each time cause they keep 'bloating' out at each pass. It's really weird and hard to explain. You can check it out by viewing the initial revision of my deck here: http://deckstats.net/decks/9947/47970-billy-s-360-cube/enbr

I hope this is helpful!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 01:48:17 am »
Sorry for the issues, this should now be fixed!

billy.white

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 03:03:52 am »
Sorry for the issues, this should now be fixed!

Wow, that was fast! Thanks!

I'm curious if you could give a high level summary of what the issue was. I'm a web developer and I don't think I've ever seen an issue like this. Did it even have anything to do with the URL parsing? If you'd rather keep it a secret, no problem, too ^_^

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 12:48:25 pm »
Sure - you did actually manage to hit a quite obscure bug (which is why it had never been reported before). :)

As you correctly suspected the problem was caused by the URL parser. The regular expression to identify links was not entirely correct, which lead to it including part of a <br /> tag in the link that had been added there because the link was at the end of a line. This then lead to a stray open HTML tag, which messed up the DOM of the entire page. I suspect the weird page reloading/duplicate header issue were caused by jQuery getting confused with the messed up DOM structure, although I have to admit I did not spend much time trying to figure out exactly what happened there.