deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] cEDH Tier List  (Read 8959 times)

Soren841

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] cEDH Tier List
« on: January 15, 2019, 09:53:57 pm »
cEDH Tier List
This is a carbon copy of the TappedOut version. We will be making changes as we see fit. The T/O version's mods aren't the most objective.

This list seeks to categorize all multiplayer EDH-legal Commanders. Below, you'll find definitions for each power level along with links to sample lists for Maximum Power and Competitive decks.

For Casual and Mid Power decks, we recommend using EDHREC to find deck-specific staples, strategies, and sample decklists.

For High Power and above, we recommend checking the Decklist Database maintained by Average Dragon from the cEDH Discord for further sample lists.

While some colour combinations in EDH have mostly Commander-independent builds, e.g. you can take Doomsday Zur from the Maximum Power category, replace Zur the Enchanter with Halfdane and the deck would still be quite strong, we chose to only list those builds together with their most optimal choice of General for the sake of clarity. Other Commanders in those colour combinations were evaluated entirely by their own merit.

If you would like to provide suggestions, please leave a comment (and ideally a link to a decklist).

Remember, this list is a resource, and a place for discussion and debate! The TappedOut list's comments are very active, and I would love similar participation here!
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] cEDH Tier List
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 10:46:41 pm »
I just checked the updates to the TappedOut list.

Soren841... did you get barred from commenting?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:34:13 pm »
Unfairly, yes. Sigi doesn't like me. Multiple people that should've been banned (ESPECIALLY if I did) weren't. One didn't even get warned.  Most of the people active on the thread agree. I was considering this anyways. A lot of people aren't happy with the way the T/O list is run.

I am unapologetically opinionated but I do not attack people. Someone literally called my friend retarded and wasn't even warned (that friend did get warned and he is always perfectly polite.) The mods do not agree with my views on many things and, like I said, Sigi hates me so..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:39:23 pm by Soren841 »

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 03:00:55 pm »
Prime Speaker Vannifar; Tier 2 -> Tier 1.5

Yisan, the Wanderer Bard; Tier 1 -> Tier 1.5

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 05:38:55 pm »
Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker; Tier 1.5 -> Tier 2

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 08:54:12 pm »
Successfully unbanned from the T/O tier list thanks to literally everyone in the comments because it's fairly obvious I didn't deserve the ban.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 01:30:27 am »
Successfully unbanned from the T/O tier list thanks to literally everyone in the comments because it's fairly obvious I didn't deserve the ban.

I checked the comments. You were back for 20 minutes and a fight started up again. 3 hours later, the ban is back in effect.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 01:37:14 am »
Actually I didn't start anything I was quite calm, and the person who did start it got warned. Plus at this point idk if I'm banned bc apparently the glitch is fixed but I can access the list still.

MagestoneMagus

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 03:49:06 am »
How is Tazri a Tier 1 deck?
I have no intention of visiting tapped out. I don't like the way things are done over there. You have to be a member to search for a deck. That's some BS

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 04:29:58 am »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 05:04:51 am »
How is Tazri a Tier 1 deck?

Food Chain Tazri

Let me give a better explanation. The goal of the deck is to get Food Chain, and then play either Squee, the Immortal, Eternal Scourge, or Misthollow Griffin. You sacrifice the creature to get mana, and then cast it for one less mana than what you received. This allows you to make infinite mana, of all colors, provided you only use it to cast creatures. Then you cast General Tazri, and get some win-con Ally (Halimar Excavator, Hagra Diabolist, etc). You then continue to cast, sacrifice, and recast Tazri to get infinite enter the battlefield triggers to win the game.

Furthermore, because Tazri is 5 colors, you can pick and choose the best tutors, card draw, mana ramp, and protection spells. This deck is fast, and resilient to most forms of stax.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 05:38:42 am »
Mostly fallen out of favor for Flash Hulk. Tazri Hulk is a thing though.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »
I use to be pretty regular on Tappedout but there's too much politics crap on there IMHO.
This space for rent.

MagestoneMagus

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 11:08:32 pm »
Thanks for the detailed explanation Morganator 2.0
Do you have a deck list I can examine?
I could just Google one but I figure you would know of one that would be comprehensive in such a way to include a description of how to operate the deck.
Thanks

EDIT: I Googled it. Nearly a verbatim description from the Reddit post. It was WAY back in 2016.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:28:27 pm by MagestoneMagus »

MagestoneMagus

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 11:11:52 pm »
Also, is that the only reason Tazri is Tier 1?
Food Chain works with Prossh too.