deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The new Captcha thing is very annoying....  (Read 560 times)

DelverMage

• Decks
The new Captcha thing is very annoying....
« on: January 17, 2019, 02:51:48 pm »
Two things this morning, the Captcha piece for all posts or previews is very annoying.

Secondly, if you look on my newest article about Best One Mana Cards in Ravnica Allegiance, there are 3 card images that I cannot get to show, because for some reason in the HTML/HTTP conversion, it inserts additional HTTP links inside the image HTML, and disrupts the showing of the image.  I have tried to correct it a half a dozen time, including deleting the post and starting over, but to no avail.

Ok, I used a fluke HTML thing to allow the images to show.... if I put "]" after the image name, before the set assignment piece, it does not recognize it to replace with an HTTP link, and still shows the image.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 03:05:28 pm by DelverMage »

Nils

• Decks
Re: The new Captia thing is very annoying....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 03:08:55 pm »
The CAPTCHA page should only be shown when our firewall detects unusual behavior. If you are seeing this every time you post there is something weird going on. Either our firewall is acting up or your computer may have gotten infected with some sort of malware. Could you please let me know what your IP address is and tell me any other information that is displayed on the CAPTCHA page?

Also, can you tell me exactly what HTML is being inserted when you try to make a post?

Maybe best to send me everything via email if you are having trouble with the site.

Nils

• Decks
Re: The new Captcha thing is very annoying....
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:50:33 pm »
I think I figured out the problem with the image not showing properly. Could you please try to remove the fix you made and see if it still works? Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

DelverMage

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 03:44:57 am »
Thanks Nils, it is no longer auto-inserting a link into the Image file name.

As for the Captcha, it does not show up when I am posting here in the feedback forum, but it activates every time I post or preview in the General Magic Forum.  It has done that to me on 3 different computers, which all have a virus scanner, so I don't know why.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:50:17 pm by DelverMage »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 04:48:33 pm »
That's very strange - the next time this happens, can you please send me the exact time and what your IP address was? You can find your IP address by googling for "ip".