deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pauper] Advise me an archetype  (Read 290 times)

Raven094

• Decks
[Pauper] Advise me an archetype
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:19:01 pm »
I would like to build my third pauper deck and I want to be different to play from the other two. I want to be both fun and a competitive archetype :)

Ad the moment I play Azorius Acid Trip and Golgari Dredge

Can you help me?

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: [Pauper] Advise me an archetype
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 11:35:06 pm »
Let's see, neither of those are really that aggro. Reality Acid is bouncy removal, and Dredge can be explosive fatties but sometimes slow to start off. I think the best foil to both of those would be a weenie approach. Goes wider than Acid Trip can keep up with, and (hopefully) under the fatties.

R Goblins or W Soldiers could be a fun way to race with them. Soldiers has access to removal in Journey to Nowhere and Faith's Fetters, Goblins has access to bolt, Flame Slash, Fiery Conclusion and Lightning Axe for the fatties. There is also straight up burn, but I haven't played it in pauper so I can't tell if it is fun or not. I have played soldiers and it is definitely a fun deck for me.

And of course, there is always some flavor of Tron to play with

Raven094

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:51:26 pm »
Always had a love for soldiers <3 I had a casual soldier deck for quite a few time before I stopped playing magic...

Raven094

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 12:32:27 am »
Let's see, neither of those are really that aggro. Reality Acid is bouncy removal, and Dredge can be explosive fatties but sometimes slow to start off. I think the best foil to both of those would be a weenie approach. Goes wider than Acid Trip can keep up with, and (hopefully) under the fatties.

R Goblins or W Soldiers could be a fun way to race with them. Soldiers has access to removal in Journey to Nowhere and Faith's Fetters, Goblins has access to bolt, Flame Slash, Fiery Conclusion and Lightning Axe for the fatties. There is also straight up burn, but I haven't played it in pauper so I can't tell if it is fun or not. I have played soldiers and it is definitely a fun deck for me.

And of course, there is always some flavor of Tron to play with

Can you explain me better theWeenie approach... how is generally built a weenie deck?

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 05:52:50 pm »
Can you explain me better theWeenie approach... how is generally built a weenie deck?

Weenies is a deck that uses a lot of 1 or 2 mana creatures to attack your opponent very fast. These 1-2 mana creatures are usually strong for their mana cost, such as Elite Vanguard being a 2/1 for 1 mana or Goblin Cohort being a 2/2 for 1. Then you top it off with something that lets you attack with all your creatures for extra damage like Trumpet Blast.

This is usually coupled with some sort of card advantage because you can empty your hand in 3 turns or less. Soldiers primarily use Thraben Inspector and Kor Skyfisher. I also like to run some Gempalm Avenger and Secluded Steppe.