deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Death and Taxes/ Hatebears  (Read 382 times)

Nellie6

• Decks
Death and Taxes/ Hatebears
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:32:01 pm »
Hello all you fine people.  I'm still fairly new to the MTG scene.  My question is does anyone play D&T or hatebears anymore or is that deck style now dead, pun intended?  I ask because I really like the style but don't really want to invest in cards that I'll never really use or a deck that I will more than likely never have a chance to win a game.  Mind you winning isn't the whole point of playing for me, I just want to have a game and hopefully have fun at the same time.

Thank you all for your time.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Death and Taxes/ Hatebears
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:35:30 pm »
D&T is a deck in Legacy
Nils is the God I worship

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 07:48:14 pm »
Modern or Legacy? There are a dedicated player base for both. Modern has several variations: BW, Mono W, and WG, although WG is less popualar right now. Actually, most of modern is down on hate bears. Legacy has a thriving D&T scene, mostly W.

Nellie6

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 01:49:00 am »
It was modern Iwas looking at. 

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 04:00:52 am »
Modern has a lot of Eldrazi and Taxes. Thought-Knot Seer and Eldrazi Displacer power a lot good plays, and can be turbo's out with Eldrazi Temple. Displacer also does so much with a bunch of the ETB effects, and makes Leonin Arbitor count double. The main builds are BW and mono-W, both leaning on Leonin Arbitor to make Path to Exile and Ghost Quart stronger.

Nellie6

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 06:22:45 am »
Thanks for that I have Leonin and path.  I am mainly a W D&T haven't got the Eldrazi cards but will look into getting them

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 10:55:57 am »
I think Death & Taxes is Tier 1.5 now.