deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zedruu the Greathearted: All Fun and Games - Comments  (Read 1186 times)

Comment Bot

Zedruu the Greathearted: All Fun and Games - Comments
« on: February 18, 2019, 12:19:56 am »
Zedruu the Greathearted: All Fun and Games

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

iTzBibi

• Decks
Re: Zedruu the Greathearted: All Fun and Games - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 12:19:56 am »
Great deck dude. I'd appreciate if you check out my version of zedruu commander and tell me what u think about, u look like a meme-master hahshs

iTzBibi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 11:33:03 am »
I've watched this deck again and again, and it seriously looks awesome. I've spent couple of month thinking from time to time on how to build an actually-working list for zedruu, and I've came up with something pretty fun. But this, THIS is awesome. I don't wanna waste all of my spent time using ur deck instead of mine, but I've already replaced 15 cards that i'm really excited to play. I've seen ur comment under my deck and that's my reply:
no, i kinda never have mana problems maybe that's because i do have a bit more dual-lands than you (that's what I thought: this deck is crap, it's just for fun and for the meme, why do I have to be stacked on mana problems when I can easily avoid it with top tier lands?) + I do have lots of mana artifacts + it's a kinda control deck which gives u time to set up and have everything you need.
For what you talked about the annoying cards, YES you're right but I wanted to be reputed a danger. Not the MAIN danger but still. if u just run things that have collective effects, u just end up with helping others and loose without even have a chance to play ur own strategy (not that i give a shit about loosing otherways I wouldnt play Zedruu, playing this deck it's the fun part, no winning with it).
One last thing: do you have enough stuffs to donate? thing you can give and things that let you give something else?
looking forward for your reply :)
(really wish there was a meme-master like you in my commander group)

Hoppeltrottel

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 01:58:56 pm »
@iTzBibi: Maybe you haven't read all of my decks' description, but there I listed all of the possible "gift cards" (18 in total) that I run in this deck. I may also donate any basic land at any time if necessary, since there is a good chance to draw into a replacement right away. Mikokoro, Center of the Sea is also a fun land to hand over - Zedruu will give me an additional card in my upkeep, and my opponent will be tempted to spend {2} to get an extra card as well, giving me another draw on occasion, for free. ^^

By the way, that's what this deck is all about:
It may SEEM to be group hug, it may SEEM to have no real win condition, but it has a lot of ways to influence the course of the game in my favor. For example, Dominus of Fealty can borrow an opponent's permanent until end of turn, but if I give it to ANOTHER opponent with Zedruu before my turn ends, that control exchange will be permanent. Flying under the radar is a good thing in multiplayer Magic; I have won many a game simply by being the only player left.

And once I have The Locust God in play, that Teferi's Puzzle Box I played earlier isn't fun and games anymore - then someone loses an eye. ;-) It is even possible to combo off with this deck: Alhammarret's Archive, Psychosis Crawler and Whirlpool Warrior will make all opponents lose 14 + 28 = 42 life, IF I have only seven cards in hand during my turn, which is rarely the case. Without Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel I often have to discard three or more cards in my cleanup step because of all that extra draws!

Hoppeltrottel

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 03:11:15 pm »
By the way, that is the main reason why I added Time Reversal to my list: It prevents decking myself. The hand disruption and graveyard hate regarding my opponents is just icing on the cake.

Teferi's Puzzle Box + Alhammarret's Archive will also backfire quickly if I don't pay attention. I even had to use that Act of Authority on the archive once, otherwise I would have drawn >60 cards from my ~20 card library the next turn...

YourNeighborhoodGhost

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:13:11 am »
hey, first i really like your deck :) what do you think of these cards:

nezahal, primal tide
stolen strategy
toothy, imaginary friend

im running these in my zedruu deck with good success, regards

Hoppeltrottel

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 11:03:47 am »
@YourNeighborhoodGhost: Thank you! 😊

The cards you mentioned are great additions to any Zedruu list. Nezahal can be a very persistent threat (Zedruu always has spare cards to discard), provides card advantage himself, and the "no maximum handsize" clause is also nifty.
Stolen Strategy is very strong regarding card advantage, but also interesting from a political perspective. That card usually turns EDH into Archenemy, but Zedruu is always willing to share... 😏
I totally forgot about Toothy. Might give him a try myself some day. ^^ But for now I am content with my Chasm Skulker.

YourNeighborhoodGhost

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 04:20:42 pm »
and what do you recommend instead of Alhammarret's Archive and Cyclonic Rift? they are too expensive for me :)

Hoppeltrottel

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 05:05:56 pm »
Cyclonic Rift and Alhammarret's Archive are very good at what they're doing, and afaik there are no 1:1 substitutes.

I'd suggest you give Aetherize a try, if you want a defensive spell. At sorcery speed, Aether Gale is a playable card and can be used offensively.

A decent replacement for the Archive is Paradox Haze. It won't trigger from cards like Kiss of the Amesha, but it will at least double the card draw and life gain from Zedruu. And Oath of Lieges profits, too. 😊

YourNeighborhoodGhost

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 05:27:47 pm »
ah yeah forgot about paradox haze :) ty for the suggestions, really helped me. i think im running bearer of the heavens would be funny with Capricious Efreet ;)

Hoppeltrottel

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 05:31:17 pm »
Omg, that's cruel. 😂 And then Faith's Reward!

YourNeighborhoodGhost

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 06:09:59 pm »
or simply boros charm ^^

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 09:03:06 pm »
Really love the focus/philosophy of this deck.  I looked at a fair number of other builds to find inspiration/suggestions for my own build but so much of what I found was either oppressive levels of chaos or designs meant to stax/lock out opponents, all of which looked like it would lead to unfun play for anyone but the deck's pilot.  I found several cards from your list that fit perfectly with what I want to do and a few more that may also make the list if I find any additional space. 

Hoppeltrottel

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 10:29:01 pm »
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you found some inspiration for your own brew. Have fun!

JohnLittlefoot

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 08:03:50 pm »
This gave me inspiration to make my own Zedruu chaotic wheel deck! i appreciate you and will give you a shout out in my own description!