deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Vampire Tribal  (Read 169 times)

Leginimus

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Vampire Tribal
« on: February 18, 2019, 11:50:40 am »
Hi o/

Vampire Tribal

Tried to make a vampire commander deck without Edgar Markov. Also tried to keep it cheap. What do you think about it ? I add that this is my first try on commander, so is it playabe ?

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Vampire Tribal
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 12:13:42 pm »
its nice to see a vampire deck, that isn't using Edgar. ;)
About the deck itself, you will get a tempo problem. You've got more than enough lands, but no mana ramp. Here some Suggestions:
Fellwar Stone, Mind Stone, Rakdos Locket, Rakdos Signet, Sol Ring, Talisman of Indulgence
For 4 of these you can cut lands without running into any trouble. The most important, at least for me, are the Sol Ring and the Signet.
Then you could improve your mana base without spending alot of money:
Reliquary Tower
Rogue's Passage
Tainted Peak
Myriad Landscape
Command Tower
Molten Slagheap
Smoldering Marsh

Depending on the Mana Base of your playgroup, you could also add Ghost Quater, or if you want to spend a little more money Tectonic Edge (unless you want to play competetive or got some land destruction combos, i see no Reason to spend more money for Wasteland or Strip Mine).

Then about your removal: Curtains' Call is very great in EDH. In stead of Murder you could also play Bedevil or Hero's Downfall (both are around 2-3€ if I remember right). Rakdos Charm could also come handy because its very flexible. If you got trouble with artifacts, Vandalblast could be interesting. In stead of Cast Down I would use Price of Fame, because your oppontens commanders are often a more interesting target than the non-legendary ones.

I haven't checked the vampires in detail, but I think my imput already helps alot to improve the deck. ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:15:47 pm by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Leginimus

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 01:41:02 pm »
Thank you for your answer !
I have to admit that there is a tempo problem, and I really like those few lands you talk about. I also like the artifacts but I must say that I'm a french player, and in France -for... some reason I guess- we don't play EDH but Dual Commander, a format in which Sol Ring is banned. That's also why Curtains' Call was not in the list : DC being played in 1v1, I'm a bit sceptic, even though I like the card.
I take note from your imputs and I thank you again ;)

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 03:00:11 pm »
allright, if I think about EDH, I think about multiplayer. Maybe write a notice in the deck description next time. ;)

Btw, another little hint: Grouping the cards is a good idea, but I usually group them by function, not by cmc (if you need that, you can use the different groupings provided by "view" in the upper left). This already helped me sometimes to track some problems like lacking card draw or mana ramp.
Speaking about card draw, what about Well of Lost Dreams? With a Vampire deck it shouldn't be a big deal to generate the necessary life gain.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Leginimus

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 07:04:46 pm »
OK, so I tried to reorganize the list, must say I did it as I could, being new here ;)
I also tried to make a few changes, seeing what I could (and wnated) to move out, hope I made the right choices.