deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: White Hate Cards  (Read 409 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
White Hate Cards
« on: February 19, 2019, 11:38:12 pm »
Hello.

The other day I was playing, having a good game until, smashing my opponents faces in when someone cast armageddon. He did this because he wasn't going to win, and wanted to make sure I wouldn't either since our mutual opponent had avacyn, angel of hope out. This opens up land destruction in our meta.

Now the deck he was playing was Elesh Norn, Grand Cenbiote, and he calls it his anti goblin deck, specifically for my Krenko deck. Which, if the name didn't imply, is made to beat my goblin deck. He was Iona, shield of Emeria, of course, so I am ready to play some white hate, the way he wants to do to me.

So what are some good cards?

I've got flashfires, omen of fire, and Wake of Destruction

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:47:50 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: White Hate Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 12:28:11 am »
For the other people, the card is Flashfires

Other fun anti white options include Reign of Chaos and Stench of Evil

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 12:30:27 am »
Just win faster. Discard is also great because white has basically no card draw.
Nils is the God I worship

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:48:55 am »
My mistake. flashfires. I've edited the original post.

Soren, I suppose you have a point. I could easily kill him quickly if I focus on him because white is already sucky and I have until turn 7 if he hits a land drop every turn.

Completely unrelated, if someone is going to put Ioana in a mono white deck, is it fair to bribery for it and name white? Sort of like an officer has to get tazed in order to use a taser.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:48:14 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 01:37:14 am »
Gloom is a good anti-white card.
Happy Brewing!
:)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 01:40:19 am »
Completely unrelated, if someone is going to put Ioana in a mono white deck, is it fair to bribery for it and name white? Sort of like an officer has to get tazed in order to use a taser.

First, I never run Iona, because I feel it is very unsporting (I play casual Commander).

That said, this sounds like the epitome of fair.  Was he not going to use Iona against you?  You're pulling the card out of his deck and doing the same thing.  If he objects to this kind of move, he shouldn't put it in his deck to begin with.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 05:56:16 pm »
Just win faster.

I second this motion. White is the worst color for commander, so a lot of times you can beat it by ignoring it.

The downside for you is that red is the second worst. But if they are playing Elesh Norn, it means you have a 7 turn clock to beat them. I took a look at your a Krenko deck, and it seems like all you're missing is better haste enablers. Thousand-Year Elixir will both give Krenko haste, and let's you make more goblins; both are important, because Goblin War Strike and Mob Justice are excellent ways of taking out one player. You can also use Mass Hysteria, Fervor, Hammer of Purphoros, Goblin Motivator, and Generator Servant.

The other way you can go about this, is using deception (not the card Deception, but that might work too). Sleeve up your Krenko deck and another deck in the same colored and styled sleeves. You're allowed to keep your commander face-down until everyone has decided which deck they're going to use, but you must reveal your commander once people draw their starting hands. This way, if you're friend chooses Elesh Norn, and you didn't choose Krenko, they're dead in the water.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 05:58:30 pm »
Boros is worse than mono red. Godo exists.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 06:29:13 pm »
another option would be using cards like Act of Treason and smash his face with his own commander.
Pushing cards like Metallic Mimic could also work, as long as you get +2/+2 or more in total.

Btw, bribery on cards like iona is a veeery good way to get rid of cards like this.  ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 06:46:32 pm »
Just win faster.

I second this motion. White is the worst color for commander, so a lot of times you can beat it by ignoring it.

The downside for you is that red is the second worst. But if they are playing Elesh Norn, it means you have a 7 turn clock to beat them. I took a look at your a Krenko deck, and it seems like all you're missing is better haste enablers. Thousand-Year Elixir will both give Krenko haste, and let's you make more goblins; both are important, because Goblin War Strike and Mob Justice are excellent ways of taking out one player. You can also use Mass Hysteria, Fervor, Hammer of Purphoros, Goblin Motivator, and Generator Servant.

The other way you can go about this, is using deception (not the card Deception, but that might work too). Sleeve up your Krenko deck and another deck in the same colored and styled sleeves. You're allowed to keep your commander face-down until everyone has decided which deck they're going to use, but you must reveal your commander once people draw their starting hands. This way, if you're friend chooses Elesh Norn, and you didn't choose Krenko, they're dead in the water.

I have noticed that getting haste is a problem with the deck, but thousand year elixar, if I remember, is quite pricey. I have the red 3 mana haste enchantment, I just didn't put it in because cards like goblin chieftain are just better as a card, but I think I've under valued haste.

I am aware of the technical rules for deck choosing etc, but generally if someone asks, I dont have a problem telling them what I'm playing, but if we're playing with silver bullets, that'll have to change.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:50:15 pm by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 07:10:25 pm »
Thousand-Year Elixir can be pricey but if you're fine with it being slightly or moderately played, you can probably find one on TCGPlayer for 8-12 bucks.
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 07:12:03 pm »