deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Atraxa, the Praetors Warlord  (Read 244 times)

BalloonPie

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Atraxa, the Praetors Warlord
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:39:55 pm »
Atraxa, the Praetors Warlord

First proper deck I've put together so I'm still new at this and trying to learn what works and what doesn't. I've tried to cover different areas of the game from feeding some big boys to locking down the board state with emblems and the Myojins amongst a few others.

Any feedback or replacement suggestions would be greatly appreciated so I can learn if I've done something wrong.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Atraxa, the Praetors Warlord
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:55:59 pm »
If you need some more mana Ramp: Gyre Sage would do a great job. ;)

Then, on the first look it seems like you want to win with attacks, what about Champion of Lambholt to shut down blockers?

about your land base, it may seem a good idea using all the storage lands with atraxa. BUT this means you are heavy dependant on atraxa, especially for the lands with depletion counters. Removing your commander, or morph him with cards like Darksteel Mutation could break your neck. I don't want to way that its a bad idea, I just want to make sure you're aware of this problem.

If you want to improve your mana base: the most Check lands are cheap. Depending on your budget I would  battle lands and bond lands then. Shock and fetch lands may seem nice, but I think before you invest money for them, there are other parts of the deck that could be improved.
Depending on the utility lands used in your playgroup, it could be worth adding a land with the ability to remove them. The budget version would be Ghost Quater, the best would be Strip Mine. My personal prefered choice here is Tectonic Edge. The restrictions are usually okay, unless you want to combo with the land, it has no big down sides, and the price is okay.

Btw, I'm not sure about Djinn of Wishes. I know that this card has a high potential, but without options like Sensei's Divining Top or Scroll Rack to manipulate your topdeck, you're very dependant on your luck.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

BalloonPie

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Atraxa, the Praetors Warlord
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 07:14:27 pm »