deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Coming soon: UI updates and dark mode!  (Read 2259 times)

Nils

• Decks
Coming soon: UI updates and dark mode!
« on: December 19, 2021, 10:36:56 pm »
If there was a ranking of the most requested Deckstats features, one of them would almost certainly be on top: dark mode.

For various technical reasons it has been a long road to make this happen. However, I am excited to announce that dark mode will finally become available in the next few days!

As part of this work I also made a whole range of additional changes to our design, trying to make everything look a bit more modern and clean. I'm preparing to publish all of these changes by this Wednesday (Dec 22) but I thought I'd already give everyone a quick heads up today.

Here is an overview over what you can expect:

• A general overhaul of our design - I have kept the light color scheme similar, but modernised the layout and cleaned up a bunch of details. Some buttons will move around a bit and some pages may look a little different, but the core functionality has not changed and everything should be easy to find.
  • Dark and light themes - you will be able to toggle to dark mode with a switch at the bottom of the page, or let the site adjust automatically based on your OS settings.
  • Improved deck preview images on social media - when you share a Commander deck on sites like reddit, Twitter or Discord, the old 'color stripes' will be replaced with the high-res artwork from the commander. For other formats you can select a card to highlight by adding "!Highlight" in its comment field.
  • Improved mobile layout in the forums - making the forums work well on small screens will still require some further work, but they will at least be a bit more usable than they are right now.

Screenshots:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 10:39:25 pm by Nils »

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: Coming soon: UI updates and dark mode!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 11:48:00 pm »
This is great Nils, thank you for your hard work!
Golgari is life. And death.

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 01:02:41 am »
Dark mode looks absolutely beautiful, can’t wait to use it. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

BlackFox0117

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 04:02:28 am »
This was the Christmas gift I didn't even know that I needed. Thank you so much <3 TT_TT

Surtr

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 06:04:49 am »
Awesome! Thank you!

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 10:53:13 am »
Congratulations and thanks for the hard work to the Moderator and Administrator Team of the coolest deck-building site on the Web!
Regards:
Chavo

c.h.iller

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 10:47:57 am »
Yeah Dark Mode!!! :) :) :)
I am not experienced in web design but i guess implementing a complete new color scheme for this UI must have been a pain!
Rounded corners are nice too!

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 11:24:16 am »
Dark Mode is a very welcome feature!

Also thank you for using my deck as a test bed.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/