English-language Forums > About Deckstats

Deckbuilder Update: Card grouping and main deck subsection improvements

(1/4) > >>

Nils:
I have just made some updates to how we handle card grouping and main deck subsections (card categories) in our deckbuilder. The idea is to make the grouping and regrouping of cards in the main deck a bit more intuitive and also improve the underlying code.

In practice, everything should continue to work as it used to except there are some additional features. However, since these changes are relatively extensive you may encounter some bugs. If you do, please let me know here, on Twitter or via direct message.

The main difference to before is that the "card grouping" setting in the deckbuilder now only affects how your deck is displayed, not how it is saved internally. This means that the deckbuilder will no longer remove your custom subsections when you choose to group your deck in some way.

For example, if you put some cards in a subsection called "Awesome cards" but then select "Group by color" when saving your deck, the old system would have removed that subsection and just put all the cards together in the main deck. With the new system, when you edit your deck later, you can still see your original custom subsections. You can also always choose to view your deck grouped by the custom subsections using the View menu.

In addition, I have also made some further changes to make the deckbuilder easier to use:

* We now use the term "subsection" instead of "section", to make it clear that cards in them are still part of the main deck.
* When you delete a subsection the cards in it are now moved to the general main deck rather than deleted
* There is a new "Remove all subsections" button that moves all your cards to the general main deck
* The comment and override fields in the Edit card dialog are collapsed by default, to save a bit of space on mobile
* The "Default card grouping" option on the settings page has been extended to support all the options available

Zombo:
I took a quick look and the results look awesome! Great work!
I also tested the "Remove all subsections" button and it works. On the deck I tested, I had no subsections yesterday, so it seems like you changes introduced the subsections in the first place. Nice.

Now could you also add a button, to add subsections for decks that only consist of the main section? Like in My EDH deck, I really like the "Type (extended)" and would like to switch to that grouping, so I will not only see it in the Details overview?

Nils:

--- Quote from: Zombo on March 04, 2019, 12:08:44 pm ---I took a quick look and the results look awesome! Great work!
I also tested the "Remove all subsections" button and it works. On the deck I tested, I had no subsections yesterday, so it seems like you changes introduced the subsections in the first place. Nice.

Now could you also add a button, to add subsections for decks that only consist of the main section? Like in My EDH deck, I really like the "Type (extended)" and would like to switch to that grouping, so I will not only see it in the Details overview?

--- End quote ---
Thank you for letting me know!

Regarding your suggestion - do you mean you would also like to see that grouping in the deckbuilder at the bottom, not just in the Overview/Details tabs?

dylanreid:
Not sure if this is the right place to post a bug (or at least unexpected functionality), but: when I group by Color it will put some Lands under Multicolor. For example, I would expect to see a Baleful Strix under Multicolor (which I do) and a Polluted Delta under Lands (which I do); however Watery Grave is under Multicolor instead of Lands which is certainly unexpected.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Soren841:
It's because the color identity of Watery Grave is UB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version