deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: The problem I'm facing with Arena  (Gelesen 338 mal)

bradcoish23

• Decks
The problem I'm facing with Arena
« am: März 04, 2019, 02:18:34 Nachmittag »
The platform is awesome. I just love playing games of MTG on Arena. Everything about it: the speed of gameplay, the visuals, ease of use,... Just so good. It makes MTGO near unplayable now. It's like you only ever playing basketball in your driveway and now you are playing at Madison Square Gardens.

The design of card accumulation is my major issue with Arena. I get tired of playing decks over time. A pretty common comment for a certain segment of the community. A thing I loved about MTGO was I would purchase a deck, play it for a few weeks, then flip the cards when I was done. You would of course take a loss, but it was minimal in the grand scheme of things. About 6 months ago I discovered manatraders (if you don't know it is a website that lets you rent decks for MTGO). The price use to be pretty steep, but with the crash of card prices on MTGO it became very affordable. Unfortunately, you have to play on MTGO.

I thought drafting might help build up a collection, so that switching up decks is easier. It does help build up a card base, but then I have to play games of MTG with awful draft decks. I'm constructed all the way (unless it's cube). Playing with crap cards is just not my thing. It takes so long to build up enough wildcards to change decks. Oh my lord how long. Even straight buying packs has proven to be way to long a process. I just wish Arena had any way to trade cards. Of course this is against WotC's bottom line, so I'm not foolish and understand why it is that way.

Does anyone have a solution that they have found to getting cards at a faster rate on Arena? Getting 5/6 free packs a week and buying a few more is just not cutting it. Arena is actually costing me way more money than MTGO ever did and that is sad.

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: The problem I'm facing with Arena
« Antwort #1 am: März 04, 2019, 04:19:54 Nachmittag »
I... Don't really think it is an issue for me.  I have somewhere around 20 crafted decks on Arena that I haven't bought a single card for (although I have exchanged wildcards for a few).  While I am still working to perfect some of them, bonus and coin packs have given me a good variety of deck types.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: März 04, 2019, 05:40:31 Nachmittag »
I've played Arena a little but not very much but I haven't seen this issue. I'm looking forward to playing a little more as I get time so once I've played it some more hopefully I'll continue not to see this.
This space for rent.

bradcoish23

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: März 06, 2019, 02:19:40 Nachmittag »
I think if you haven't been playing since the launch and you do not enjoy drafting then building up a collection in Arena is daunting. That may be the issue for me. I have lots of cards from Rav block, but little else (unless I used Wildcards for them). One positive is when standard rotation comes I will be in a good place going forward. That is a long way away though.