deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

Should people flick their cards during a game of Magic?

Flicking cards
8 (40%)
Not flicking cards
12 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: March 21, 2019, 11:13:50 pm

Author Topic: Flicking cards  (Read 2137 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Flicking cards
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2019, 05:32:21 pm »
Yeah because some people can't/won't actually try to remember things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering

Each game of Magic represents a battle between wizards known as planeswalkers who cast spells, use artifacts, and summon creatures as depicted on individual cards in order to defeat their opponents, typically, but not always, by draining them of their 20 starting life points. "Excuse me while I get my pencil/pen and paper out while we are in the middle of this battle".  Which in now takes away the fantasy of actually being a wizard/planeswalker.

the gameplay bears little similarity to pencil-and-paper adventure games, Again takes away the fantasy of actually being a wizard/planeswalker.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2019, 05:37:18 pm »
It's writing down information to keep track of it. If you think it's an inability or refusal to remember things, I suppose there's nothing I can do to teach people who refuse to learn so keep believing whatever you want
Nils is the God I worship

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2019, 05:57:04 pm »
It's writing down information to keep track of it. If you think it's an inability or refusal to remember things, I suppose there's nothing I can do to teach people who refuse to learn so keep believing whatever you want

Nothing to believe when it is actually true. Are you not a wizard/planeswalker? That is the intent of the game and there will be nothing that is going to ever change that.(end of story).

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2019, 06:43:19 pm »
The intent of the game is to play the card game dude. They don't really care about "being a wizard." This is real life, thanks.
Nils is the God I worship

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2019, 11:43:50 pm »
The intent of the game is to play the card game dude. They don't really care about "being a wizard." This is real life, thanks.

LOL now you are a mind reader all of a sudden. You know what "they" really care or don't care about.

Ooooh Oooh pick me, pick me!! What am I thinking right now?

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 12:04:01 am »
I wish there was a WHO CARES choice. I personally flick cards, but I don't think anyone should or shouldn't. It can be a bit damaging to cards though, and I would like to do it less. It is a habit though.